Alabama fans landing April 15th

MaleificentMoma

Earning My Ears
My family & myself are flying down on the 15th. We will only have 4 1/2 days. Anyone else heading that way & wanna chat. We have never been to Disney........ together as husband & wife and this is the kids first visit. :wizard:

Hey MaleificentMoma,

We will be in the world from April 15th-21st. We are taking DW's 2 Sisters :earsgirl: :earsgirl:, 2 BILs :earsboy: :earsboy: , 2 DNephews (9,6) pirate: pirate: , and DNeice (8). princess: We'll be arriving at POP on the evening of the 14th except for one SIL, BIL, and DNeice who got upgraded to SSR. Then we'll all be at BWV from the 15th to the 19th. I'm not sure what the others will do but DW and I will then be at POFQ on the 20th. We'll head back after lunch on the 21st (A little tradition that we eat at the Plaza before we leave).

BTW, Welcome to the DISBoards

thank you for responding. We are very curious about place to eat & if we reaelly need reservations for eveything.

thank you for responding. We are very curious about place to eat & if we reaelly need reservations for eveything.

This is going to be a great trip for you and your family.

Table service and buffet restaurants can be very difficult to get into without making reservations. If you plan to eat at very popular restaurants like in the castle or at La Cellier (Steakhouse in Canada,Epcot) for instance, you will definitely need reservations.

The Counter Service (fast food) restaurants have surprisingly good selections. Cosmic Ray's in MK, Flame Tree BBQ in AK, Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney all get rave reviews. You will likely want to eat more Counter Service for this trip as you will want to experience as much of the parks as possible.

www.allearsnet.com has all of the restaurant menus and prices listed. Its a good idea to look at that site and see what interests you and then come back to the disboards and type in the name of the restaurant for more info. If you are originally from Alabama, you will probably think the food is unbelievably expensive, especially for a family. If so, hit more Counter Service, and do your research.

I'd probably make some reservations, and eat other meals counter service. Dining reservations are only good to a point, as you sometimes have to leave the fun, pass up fun attractions, to go across the park to get to your dining reservation.

Make sure to take afternoon breaks, drink plenty of water, and wear comfortable shoes.

My favorite spot for Spectromagic is in Liberty Square, for illuminations on the terrace at Rose & Crown. For fantasmic, you may want to grab a bite and take it with you to eat while you wait for the performance. The bleachers fill up quickly, and eating gives you something to do while you wait for the show to start. You could also get a package that allows you to eat in the studios and guarantees seating at fantasmic.

Where are you from in Alabama? We live in Montgomery. The rest of the family is in Haleyville. (About 40 miles south of Florence.)

If you are an Alabama football fan ~ Roll Tide!
If you are an Alabama music fan ~ Roll On!
If you are a State of Alabama fan ~ We are fortunate to live in the most beautiful state.

Hope to hear from you soon.

So happy to hear that you will be making the trip! My family and myself will be there from April 19th - 28th, we are coming from Roanoke, VA. It will be my DH and myself :hug: , my DS 9pirate: and my DD 7princess: This is our third trip to Disney World and already thinking about next years. I highly recommend makings reservations for all of your table top meals. We were fortunate to have friends that educated us about this but saw many people turned away from places while we were waiting to be seated. We hope that you enjoy your experience and enjoy making your magical memories!pixiedust:

well we are down to 6 days & I get more nervous everyday. Ya'll know it is just very overwhelming! We have not made any reservations to eat - we have a friend that is an old pro at Disney- but I haven't had time to talk to her. It is softball season here- 2 in softball and 1 in T-Ball. I mean - who knows where we will be when we decide to eat?!?! We may just have to chalk this trip up to live & learn. LOL However, we have some friends that went in March & said most of the places they ate at were horrible.

It looks like we are going at the same time. We are leaving Montgomery at 8 a.m. Saturday morning.

If you have no ADR's, make sure to look at the menus on allearsnet.com. Some of the cs places seem to have a lot of selections.

Good Luck! Everything will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter