AKV view question

I think alot of this will depend on the timing of the construction. When I go (first week of November) it appears that the areas with parking lot views will still be under construction. Therefore, it seems that I will luck out this time!

LisaS thanks so much for posting that satellite image. I actually studied it last night for quite a while (I know, I need a life:goodvibes ) I didn't realize how many rooms may have the potential of looking over/at the restaurant roof. I'm all about the view. I have a standard view studio for 12/9 - 12/15 and I seriously hope I don't get stuck with that view (thought I had hit a homerun for a poolview:) ). BUT, if I had paid all those extra points for concierge and got that view (which looks like a few rooms do that), I would be very upset - even though nothing I could do about it.

All this construction talk has made me nervous, so I have put myself on a waitlist for a standard view studio at BWV. I love to nap during the day. ;)

I`m very pleased with our std view AKV reservation - for 9 points per night to get a converted deluxe room with a poolview is a bargain :goodvibes
I would imagine MS are stating possible parking lot view will be to lessen confusion.

DW and I are going concierge next May. Although a savanna view would be nice, I am not expecting it. I am going concierge for the Safaris anyway. I can 'do the view' at another time.

DW and I are going concierge next May. Although a savanna view would be nice, I am not expecting it. I am going concierge for the Safaris anyway. I can 'do the view' at another time.
Exactly my thought as well. The savanna view from Concierge is not that great either so I'm not expecting much either way (pool or savanna). We want to do the safaris and will sacrifice the view this trip in order to do them.

Re: the Standard View rooms at Jambo House, yes the roof does interfere with the view somewhat from the Standard View rooms in that first section, but as long as you look out towards the pool rather than straight down, it may not be that bad and it beats a parking lot view in my opinion. In Kidani Village, some of the Standard View rooms will face the parking lot so I still think (even with the roof in the way) the Standard View rooms at Jambo House are a great deal!

I think alot of this will depend on the timing of the construction. When I go (first week of November) it appears that the areas with parking lot views will still be under construction. Therefore, it seems that I will luck out this time!
Those will be the Value rooms which is a separate booking category from the Standard View rooms. The Value Rooms will be available starting Dec 1st.

The safari is wonderful. Our family loved it. The breakfast after the Sunrise Safari is delicious. Make sure you get the French toast. YUM!!!

Can someone help me? I'm trying to take a dance group to disney and thought it would be great if we could use DVC (I'm a member but would borrow points cause I don't have enough) rather than staying at the allstars. I would LOVE to stay at akl. I'm wondering though...what's the difference between value rooms and standard view rooms? Are they different amenities or just size/views? Thanks to anyone who has more of a clue than I.!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter