AKV - Value Studio strange Question?

daryle330

DVC Member
We will be staying at AKV in March. My wife is very afraid of heights. We have a value studio room booked. I see on a map that the rooms are on the ostrich trail and giraffe trail areas of the hotel. Is there any way to get up to the rooms with out using the lobby elevator? looks like from the photos we have seen that when you get out of the elevator you over look the lobby. (this would freak her out) It looks like there is a elevator in the middle of the hallway on the giraffe trail side. I'm assuming that one does not look over the lobby. But on the ostrich trail side i don't see a elevator. Is there a set of stairs she would be able to get up? I know this is a strange question. Thanks:confused:

The elevator on Giraffe Trail would be ideal if and only if your room was on that wing. If you were located on the Ostrich trail you would have to walk along a corridor that overlooks the lobby to get to that wing from either elevator. I do know that there are stairs on the left side of lobby as you enter the building which would be somewhat convienent for Ostrich trail rooms and I would expect there to be at least one more set of stairs somewhere on that wing. Just remember that the rooms are on the 5th floor.

I know there are stairs, but do they open on floors? I found myself locked out when I tried to use stairs on the savannah side of Jambo house.

Thanks cwdefouw. i just called and put a request in for the Giraffe Trail side i hope we get it. thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter