AKV Value Studio request

Unfortunately, like with value rooms, getting a savannah view (they call it "partial savannah" but nothing "partial" about it as far as I'm concerned!). I was fortunate enough to get a savannah view once so the next time I requested the specific room # "or room with similar view". Unfortunately that got me as far away as possible with the world's worst view. It's like they said "Oh-she's going to request a specific room? Well. we'll fix HER!"

My standard view-

More than likely, they said, "that room isn't available and I have no clue why they asked for it, so, since I have nothing else to go on, I'll pick a room at random."

If I may be a thread stealer for a moment. I've booked through using points from a nice DVC owner and I'm going in 12 days. I booked a Standard View. I'm in jambo house. I chose "kudo trail" on the on-line check in page. Upper floor. Any suggestions of how I might get something other than a rooftop - would love a savannah view... I know there are some that give partial savannahs. Would love some advice here as this is my first time at AKL

No standard view at Jambo should be straight on roof top afaik. They either face the pool (trees!) or are partial savannah views although the pool views might have roof top to the side. Twice we've done standard view there and I've always wanted the pool view. But no - we've gotten the partial savannah view. Go figure. :laughing:

If I may be a thread stealer for a moment. I've booked through using points from a nice DVC owner and I'm going in 12 days. I booked a Standard View. I'm in jambo house. I chose "kudo trail" on the on-line check in page. Upper floor. Any suggestions of how I might get something other than a rooftop - would love a savannah view... I know there are some that give partial savannahs. Would love some advice here as this is my first time at AKL

If they actually honor the Kudo Trail request, you will be fine because the only standard views along that Trail are savanna views that were converted to standard. Most standards are pool view (with the roof overhang issue) and the pool is on the Zebra Trail side of the building.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help. Here's praying for a "partial" savannah view in 11 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter