• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Value Studio - how small?

LauraLap

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of taking a quick trip in February of next year, but the only points I have available would allow me to book a value studio.

For those that have stayed in a value studio, how bad is it? Do you think I would be strangling my husband and kids by the end of the stay? It would only be 5 nights. BTW, my kids are 4 and 5.....

really think 4 are too many for a value studio.

that say they are definitely bigger than the value or most of the moderate resorts.

the furniture is the big problem - it is BIG - so they take some things away.

there is no bench. that say be sure not to take anything you might not need.

Space for stuff is very limited.

would go with OKW you get 2 queen beds there and definitely enough space.

Be warned that in the Value Studio you have to take the tables from in front of of the sofa bed and find another place to stash them. The Value Studio is a good size, but the furniture is massive. There isn't a lot of room in them.

If you put both kids on the sofa bed, and put the luggage in the wardrobe and front hall closet, it isn't too bad. For 5 nights I think it's doable. I agree with spiceycat about the size and layout of an OKW studio though.

We just got back from spending five nights in a Value studio @ AKV. It was my husband, myself & our ten year old son. It is definitely larger than a normal room, but it was tight. I agree with kaffinito that it would be best to just put the tables in the closet until you leave. As long as you stay organized you should be okay. The hardest part was being in our room in the evening and my son spreading his legos out all over the floor. We still had a nice view of the pool with a Value studio.

reserve a "dedicated" studio and you get a full size closet where the lockoff door would be, plus the armoire. We put the coffee tables on the side of the bed by the slider. The room was fine for the 4 of us. My kids were 5 and 6 at the time. I believe it is 316 sq. ft. I believe it is the best value of points in DVC.

We had a dedicated value studio with 3 adults and a PnP for 7 nights last Sept and I didn't find it small at all.

it is VERY small..went with my 20 yo daugher and her boyfirend and my 16 yo son...too small for the 4 of us..very cramped..much smalled layout than many of hte other dvc resorts...IT says fits 4 comfortably...not so

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter