• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Studios Using Rented DVC points

HannahM89

Earning My Ears
How far in advance should I be looking to rent DVC points for and AKV studio?

Obviously, the further in advance, the better, and I understand the 11 months and 7 month windows DVC owners have, but am wondering how quickly these generally become booked?

The dates I was looking for this year are apparently booked:sad:

Never visited this resort before, but have a feeling I will love it when I finally get the chance.

Thank you!!!

It really depends on what type of room you are looking for as well as what time of year. For instance we are going in Oct this year and both standard and savannah studios were avail at AKL for the week we wanted right at the 7 month mark at 8 am (I was booking Poly but looked at what else was avail for our whole week). I looked again at the availability tool on the website an hour later out of curiosity and by then days of our week were already unavailable at AKL. So if it is at a very busy time like the fall (or you are trying to snag a value room) I would suggest booking prior to 7 months if you want to make sure you get AKL. Otherwise it seems like you wouldn't need to book to early and could wait until the 7 month window opens up.

There are users here who have tracked data like this for the various resorts and posted their findings-look for posts by skier_Pete and Drusba

As soon as your dates are known I would start the process. Check flights too. Because most rentals can not be changed.

also, here is the "skier pete" thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/predicted-dvc-booking-patterns-studios-some-1-bedrooms.3419112/

a lot depends on when you travel and what exactly you want - if you want a club level or value studio, you had better have an owner trying to book at exactly 11 months out. nov/dec books up a lot earlier than other times of the year. kidani village is larger than jambo house so jambo studios will book up earlier in general. if you wanted a savanna view or standard view studio at AKV in february, you'd probably be able to find one at 4-5 months out with little trouble...

there is an element of competition to DVC points, as DVC resorts generally book up close to 100% and owners try to book earlier to get their preferred options...which means that DVC resorts tend to book up on points much earlier than onsite hotels.

It depends on what Studio you want. I own at AKV, and Concierge and Value are usually gone at 11 months, savannah view depends on the season. It usually is open longer then standard view.

he dates I was looking for this year are apparently booked:sad:
If you mean anytime during the rest of 2015, that isn't surprising. Mid-September through marathon weekend in January is the busiest period of the year for DVC resorts. Even the big resorts (AKV, OKW and SSR) book up faster during that period than the rest of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter