Akv rofr????

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Bajorek, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Bajorek

Bajorek Earning My Ears

I noticed in the ROFR thread there is not any AKV contracts taken back by Disney. Has anyone heard of them taking back a AKV contract? We are in ROFR now, with a loaded contract (160points), but in my opinion a fair price of $78 a point...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Msmithmd

Msmithmd DIS Veteran

They have exercised ROFR on AKV before, but it is rare as they haven't sold out their own points. They've taken back a few contracts that were at ridiculously low prices.

One can expect that when they declare it fully sold out, their activity may pick up. But there's little reason for them to pay to take points back, when they already have "new" points in stock.

I think your price should be fine, but only the mouse knows for sure.

4. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disney makes the most money selling new points, not resale.

The only time that they exercise ROFR is when they don't have new points to sell. Currently they have waitlists at the older resorts either because they don't make enough selling used or because they feel that buyers will get tired of waiting and buy the new resort.

:earsboy: Bill

5. dmunsil

dmunsil Disney Uber-Nerd

In the last 6 months, there have only been three ROFRed contracts recorded for AKV. One at $52/pt, and two at $45.50/pt. No contracts lower than that have made it through - the lowest that was not ROFRed was $55/pt.

6. Bajorek

Bajorek Earning My Ears

thanks...feeling better...

7. Nabas

Nabas Mouseketeer

At $78/point at AKV, you will sale through ROFR. Welcome home! :woohoo: