• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Pullout sofa in studios - size/comfort?

Lauriebz

Earning My Ears
Could someone please tell me what size the sofa pullout beds are in value studios? If you have slept on one of them, are they comfortable? Are they the ones that have the bar going across them (like at HHI)?

Thanks!

Could someone please tell me what size the sofa pullout beds are in value studios? If you have slept on one of them, are they comfortable? Are they the ones that have the bar going across them (like at HHI)?

Thanks!

They are like the SSR mattresses - no bar. They seem about the same size as the bed in the studio. I ended up on one for a night during my last trip (I was alone with DS11 and DD9) - both kids decided they wanted to sleep in the bed with me and it did not take long for me to realize that it's like having three grown people in a bed now that they are bigger!

So - I moved to the pull-out in the middle of the night. I actually thought it was very comfortable - and my back had been bothering me prior to the trip. It was 10X better than the mattresses at POP!!!

One warning - there is NO floorspace once the couch is pulled out - we were stuffing the cushions under the bed, on top of the wardrobe :rotfl: Seriously.

They are like the SSR mattresses - no bar. They seem about the same size as the bed in the studio. I ended up on one for a night during my last trip (I was alone with DS11 and DD9) - both kids decided they wanted to sleep in the bed with me and it did not take long for me to realize that it's like having three grown people in a bed now that they are bigger!

So - I moved to the pull-out in the middle of the night. I actually thought it was very comfortable - and my back had been bothering me prior to the trip. It was 10X better than the mattresses at POP!!!

One warning - there is NO floorspace once the couch is pulled out - we were stuffing the cushions under the bed, on top of the wardrobe :rotfl: Seriously.
Thanks! I hope it is comfortable.

In all the other studios, the bed has been a queen and the sleeper sofa a double.

are all the AKV couches like this:confused3 because at BWV the cushions don't come off which makes them very easy to open and close- and the couch is way more comfy than the bed

are all the AKV couches like this:confused3 because at BWV the cushions don't come off which makes them very easy to open and close- and the couch is way more comfy than the bed

I know - I love the design of the BWV pull-out. The AKV mattress has back and bottom cushions that have to be removed and stored somewhere. It was not a problem in the regular studio - but there's no extra space for them in the value. The BWV-style would have been a good idea in terms of space conservation - but the AKV couches are really comfy - they have that over-stuffed cushion-y feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter