• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Kidani, TV and Wii question **UPDATED with more info**

Tara

Bad Influence
I know there's a a/v box and we'll be able to connect a Wii. But does it take component cables or just RCA? ISTR a photo of the hookups and I think it just takes RCA...anyone know for sure?

UPDATE:
The a/v box does have RCA inputs, but the back of the TV has component inputs. We were able hook the Wii up using component cables with no problem.

(Well, it was extremely hard to see the input colors, so if you don't know what order they should go in, you'll likely need a flashlight to figure it out in the dimly-lit Kidani rooms. Luckily I keep a flashlight in one of my Owner's Lockers. :))

Yes, I believe you are correct. My teenagers had a Wii and x360 with them last year and I think they could connect via RCA only. The adapter box supports HDMI as well.

All in all, they didn't complain about the picture, I think you should be OK.

Here is a photo of the connection box at Kidani:

TV_connections.JPG

Yes, I believe you are correct. My teenagers had a Wii and x360 with them last year and I think they could connect via RCA only. The adapter box supports HDMI as well.

All in all, they didn't complain about the picture, I think you should be OK.

Picture isn't the issue so much as the lag time that can happen without component cables on games like Guitar Hero (which I predict we will stay up all night playing. ;))

I wonder if there are component cables on the back of the TV...

Ironically enough we had a GV in AKV back in August and I brought my Wii. We plugged it into the TV with no problem. All the plugs necessary are there. :thumbsup2

Ironically enough we had a GV in AKV back in August and I brought my Wii. We plugged it into the TV with no problem. All the plugs necessary are there. :thumbsup2

You used component cables (the 5 connection type) and not RCA (the 3 coonection type)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter