AKV Jambo vs Kidani with young kids

bdrobet

Earning My Ears
I will be visiting Orlando for the 1st time as a California DVC owner. We will have 4 adults and 4 children ages 3, 3, 10, 10. We will only be staying for 2 nights in January and will not be visiting the parks at all. I would like to book a savannah view for the kids and we will make use of the pools.

Any AKV vets out there who could give me some guidance as to Jambo vs Kidani?

Thanks much,

Brian

Kidani has a better pool slide and has a splash area, plus the community hall is at Kidani

The 1 and 2 BR units are larger and have a much, much better layout. (Including an extra bathroom)

Kidani DVC units are on floors 2-5 while Jambo is 5th only (club on 6th), so there is a chance to get a closer animal vièw at Kidani.

Kidani does have longer hallways, no breakfast dining (besides what is in the store) no QS (there is some form of poolside delivery) but you can walk 15 minutes or take a shuttle van or any park bus to get from Kidani to Jambo for more dining options.

Jambo has a more impressive lobby (designed by the same architect that did GCV), so you will definitely want to visit both.

With that size group you will want the 2BR villa at Kidani for the third bathroom. As mentioned the size and layout of the Kidani 2BR are better for that many people.

The corridors at Kidani are long, so you could request 'near lobby or near pool'. I agree with everything written about Kidani --- it's beautiful. We always request a higher floor in hotels, but prefer to be on the 2nd floor (the main floor) at Kidani or Jambo, so we can see the animals closer. We've seen lots of animals on the savannah that is near the lobby.

Kidani. That 3rd bathroom is a godsend. :thumbsup2 We had 6 of us in a two bedroom. The kids loved Kidani.

As much as I love Jambo, ( The atrium ) the grandness, The pool area, the restaurants, I'd have to say Kidani. Like a pp stated, Smaller more intimate pool, but it has a much better/longer slide, & the water play area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter