AKV Jambo Value Villas: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by justbishop, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Desnik

Desnik <font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann

So the video of the 1 bedroom value room is a HA room? A "regular" 1 bedroom value room differs how? Will the kitchen have an island? Will the bathroom have the sperate shower/jacuzzi tub? Is there a bigger kitchen table? I would love to see pictures or a floor plan if anyone has links to it.

I'm thinking of booking this for Xmas 2013. Thanks OP for this thread!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LaurenT

LaurenT DIS Veteran

Thanks for the thread.
    I do have one bit of info to add.
    While you may not be able to request adjoining rooms, if you book two studios for yourself and another family, they will put you in the system as traveling together and will do their best to put your rooms close together. We are doing this in August.

4. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

a studio is either "dedicated" or part of a "lock-off."

a "lock-off" studio has a connecting door to a 1BR. when the door is opened, the room can be booked as a 2BR villa.

a dedicated studio is only a studio - no connecting door.

as the initial post indicated, some value studios are dedicated and some are lockoffs (they combine to form a 2BR).

IIRC, when you get off the elevator, you don't have to go to the edge and overlook the lobby so i really don't think there is a real issue when you are there. i believe you can take the stairs from the lobby (which is on the 3rd floor) to the 5th floor where all the non-club DVC villas are located if you prefer.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Adjoining is not connecting. Adjoining just means close, preferably next to each other. Two studios will never connect. A one bedroom connects to a studio to make a two bedroom villa at Jambo House. All two bedroom villas at JH are lockoffs.

6. rznhal

rznhal DIS Veteran

thanks for the responses!

Here's another question....do the studios have pack and play beds for babies? If not how do I request one?

Thanks!!

7. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

All DVC villas will have a pack and play in the closet.

8. prairiesarah

prairiesarah Earning My Ears

Just wanted to make a quick post and say we just got back last week from a week in a 1 bedroom value villa that I lucked out at the beginning of November and got on the RO discounts. The best part was the look on ds's face when the check in agent said the magic words "and we have you in a 1 bedroom savanna view". So we got one of the coveted savanna view value villa's and it was fantastic. Plenty of room for dh, ds (7) and I. I think it would be plenty for two adults and two kids. Four adults might be pushing it for space in my opinion though. Would definitely book one again if I could. I do have some photo's that I can try to post later if I can figure out how.

9. justbishop

justbishop Watch your words spread hope like fire...

I believe the kitchen has an island, but the jacuzzi tub will always be part of a tub/shower combo. Not sure about the table.

Happy the thread is helpful :)

10. RobynPrincess

RobynPrincess Looking around

Very pleased I found this thread, it's very helpful! Thank you OP. I can't get the video to work though :( we have a 2bed accessible so I'm guessing the same room as OP, so the vid would be super if i could see it! Thank you xxx

11. ajc

ajc Earning My Ears

We are new to the DVC membership and were wondering if anyone knows most of the room numbers of the value studio resort rooms?

12. RobynPrincess

RobynPrincess Looking around

13. Unyeah

Unyeah Earning My Ears

Best resort ever ! Roar!

14. leinalani

leinalani Earning My Ears

Such an awesome thread! Thank you so much!

15. TagsMissy

TagsMissy It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

OMG I just found this after endless searching for value villa info. So very glad to have come across this as we're checking into a Value 1BR in less than a month. Woohoo!

16. darbry

darbry Mouseketeer

I just booked 6 nights during spring break next year! I feel so luckaaaay! :wizard: We just came back from a two bedroom savannah view last week. We loved it. But trying to conserve points a little for the future but yet taking another trip. Can't live without my DVC.