AKV Jambo Value Villas: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know

So the video of the 1 bedroom value room is a HA room? A "regular" 1 bedroom value room differs how? Will the kitchen have an island? Will the bathroom have the sperate shower/jacuzzi tub? Is there a bigger kitchen table? I would love to see pictures or a floor plan if anyone has links to it.

I'm thinking of booking this for Xmas 2013. Thanks OP for this thread!!

Thanks for the thread.
I do have one bit of info to add.
While you may not be able to request adjoining rooms, if you book two studios for yourself and another family, they will put you in the system as traveling together and will do their best to put your rooms close together. We are doing this in August.

We have a Value Studio at AKL booked for January, are the dedicated studios you list the same thing?

a studio is either "dedicated" or part of a "lock-off."

a "lock-off" studio has a connecting door to a 1BR. when the door is opened, the room can be booked as a 2BR villa.

a dedicated studio is only a studio - no connecting door.

as the initial post indicated, some value studios are dedicated and some are lockoffs (they combine to form a 2BR).

But when you get off the elevator for a value studio room do you over look the lobby? Is there stairs that you can use to by pass over looking the lobby?

IIRC, when you get off the elevator, you don't have to go to the edge and overlook the lobby so i really don't think there is a real issue when you are there. i believe you can take the stairs from the lobby (which is on the 3rd floor) to the 5th floor where all the non-club DVC villas are located if you prefer.

Thanks for the thread.
I do have one bit of info to add.
While you may not be able to request adjoining rooms, if you book two studios for yourself and another family, they will put you in the system as traveling together and will do their best to put your rooms close together. We are doing this in August.

Adjoining is not connecting. Adjoining just means close, preferably next to each other. Two studios will never connect. A one bedroom connects to a studio to make a two bedroom villa at Jambo House. All two bedroom villas at JH are lockoffs.

thanks for the responses!

Here's another question....do the studios have pack and play beds for babies? If not how do I request one?

Thanks!!

thanks for the responses!

Here's another question....do the studios have pack and play beds for babies? If not how do I request one?

Thanks!!

All DVC villas will have a pack and play in the closet.

Just wanted to make a quick post and say we just got back last week from a week in a 1 bedroom value villa that I lucked out at the beginning of November and got on the RO discounts. The best part was the look on ds's face when the check in agent said the magic words "and we have you in a 1 bedroom savanna view". So we got one of the coveted savanna view value villa's and it was fantastic. Plenty of room for dh, ds (7) and I. I think it would be plenty for two adults and two kids. Four adults might be pushing it for space in my opinion though. Would definitely book one again if I could. I do have some photo's that I can try to post later if I can figure out how.

So the video of the 1 bedroom value room is a HA room? A "regular" 1 bedroom value room differs how? Will the kitchen have an island? Will the bathroom have the sperate shower/jacuzzi tub? Is there a bigger kitchen table? I would love to see pictures or a floor plan if anyone has links to it.

I'm thinking of booking this for Xmas 2013. Thanks OP for this thread!!

I believe the kitchen has an island, but the jacuzzi tub will always be part of a tub/shower combo. Not sure about the table.

Happy the thread is helpful :)

Very pleased I found this thread, it's very helpful! Thank you OP. I can't get the video to work though :( we have a 2bed accessible so I'm guessing the same room as OP, so the vid would be super if i could see it! Thank you xxx

We are new to the DVC membership and were wondering if anyone knows most of the room numbers of the value studio resort rooms?

OMG I just found this after endless searching for value villa info. So very glad to have come across this as we're checking into a Value 1BR in less than a month. Woohoo!

I just booked 6 nights during spring break next year! I feel so luckaaaay! :wizard: We just came back from a two bedroom savannah view last week. We loved it. But trying to conserve points a little for the future but yet taking another trip. Can't live without my DVC.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am wondering if the tub in value 1br room number 5010 is the same size as all the tubs in the DVC 1br? Love the large, long tubs at AKV and would like to make a request for full size tub if this tub is smaller than the normal tubs.
I know for sure that the accesible room on club level that has the tub is a small tub, not the full size one and wasn't sue if maybe this room is like that?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am wondering if the tub in value 1br room number 5010 is the same size as all the tubs in the DVC 1br? Love the large, long tubs at AKV and would like to make a request for full size tub if this tub is smaller than the normal tubs.
I know for sure that the accesible room on club level that has the tub is a small tub, not the full size one and wasn't sue if maybe this room is like that?
All of the tubs in AKV-Jambo House are combination tub/shower. They are not separate soaking tubs. They might be jetted (not sure on this), but they are not separate from the shower. No stand alone shower in Jambo House. So standard size tub like all the rooms in JH.

All of the tubs in AKV-Jambo House are combination tub/shower. They are not separate soaking tubs. They might be jetted (not sure on this), but they are not separate from the shower. No stand alone shower in Jambo House. So standard size tub like all the rooms in JH.

They are definitely jetted! I have stayed in many 1br in Jambo House. What I am wondering is about room 5010 HC accessible value 1br specifically and if the combo tub shower is a smaller tub. The tubs at AKV are really long and deep, love them!!

They are definitely jetted! I have stayed in many 1br in Jambo House. What I am wondering is about room 5010 HC accessible value 1br specifically and if the combo tub shower is a smaller tub. The tubs at AKV are really long and deep, love them!!
If it is HC accessible, wouldn't it have a roll-in shower instead of a tub?

If it is HC accessible, wouldn't it have a roll-in shower instead of a tub?
This particular room does not have the roll in shower. It has been confirmed by multiple people it has a tub, I am just worried it is smaller due to the different way the bathroom is set up. There is a link to a video of the room on page one but the shower is in use during the video so you can't see how big the tub is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter