AKV Jambo bus service

Cboyfanjoe

Earning My Ears
Staying at AKV Jambo in July. 1st stay there and I was wondering how the bus service is from the resort and if they share with any other resorts. We are not big fans of the buses and usually have our car so we drive to the parks we need to depending on where we are staying. We hate wasting time sitting on a bus making several stops. I was just wondering how many stops we would have to endure if we decided to take the buses. Thanks for the help.

All AKV park busses stop first at Kidani, then they stop at Jambo.
The DTD bus stops first at Jambo, then second at Kidani.

The busses are not shared with any other resorts.

Bus service at AKL/AKV does not share with any other resort, but does have two stops within the resort.

Buses headed to a Theme Park stop at Kidani Village, Jambo House, then the Theme Park.
Buses headed to Downtown Disney stop at Jambo House, Kidani Village, then DTD.

AKL Jambo shares a bus with Kidani only. The pick up is at Kidani first than Jambo for the park busses. The DTD bus starts at Jambo first then Kidani. We found the bus service very good. We like it better then the multiple stops for BWV and BC .

Thanks for the info everyone! When we joined DVC in 1998 the majority of our stays were at BWV & BCV so we really soured on the bus transportation because it was ridiculous that sometimes 5 resorts shared one bus!! Now I know it's spilt up with BW S&D sharing and YC & BC sharing, but the buses at those resorts really seem to drive you nuts. We didn't find OKW or SSR much better due the the number of stops in the resorts. Now we just drive to the parks unless we can walk or there is monorail or boat service. I'd rather deal with the parking lot trams for 5 min then endure the 30 plus min bus rides.

On the way back from the parks you have to go to Kidani first which slows return. I actually drove to MK the 2nd day in April instead but the bus actually was a few minutes quicker, even on the return.

Just got back from a stay at AKL Kidani and as much as I detest the buses...they weren't terrible.

I won't reiterate what everyone else has said, but will add my opinion and observations: Kidani is the resort you want for guaranteed seating on the park buses. When the bus swings around to Jambo after Kidani, those remaining on board from the trip back from the parks exit and free up space before the Jambo folks can board. I have seen folks stranded at Jambo with the bus too full to hold more. I've never seen this happen at Kidani. This has only been over that week from Christmas to the new year, and the real issue was Disney had too few buses operating. Guests should never be left stranded at a deluxe resort bus stop.

Note, If there happens to be an ECV or two at Jambo, those in those seats will be asked to move.

All of this is really no different than staying at a larger resort such as SSR or OKW: Those at the first bus stop have the base chance of getting a seat. AKV in general does have the best bus service of all the DVC resorts. (BWV being the worst, but they have boats and walkways to DHS and EPCOT)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter