AKV, here we come. June 1-8 11/15.. Finally BACK!

I was watching the movie Rugrats in Paris with my DS and spotted a hidden mickey. It's near the end of the movie after the scene at the church, when they show the outside of the church one of the church windows is a hidden mickey ::MickeyMo. Crazy! I just had to tell you that.

Great update Lynn! I feel sooooo guilty because when I went to the world in 08' with my grandparents and brother we specifically went because of star wars weekends. Well, I didn't know about the disboards and I didn't plan the trip except to help pick out a restaurant or two and the hotel. When we got there it started raining so we didn't see the parade or meet any characters....I feel so bad for my brother because he wanted to meet the characters really badly and he didn't get to meet any of them :( I have vowed to bring him back in two-ish years for star wars weekends and let him do everything!

Thanks! Awww, that is a shame. You should definitely bring him back. He would love it.

Awesome pictures Lynn! Tim looks like he was loving everything. I never knew they piped in street sounds in that area of the park! I'll have to listen for it next trip.

He was so loving everything. His happiness really shows through in the pictures, haha. I never new about the noises either. It was really neat.

Tim has the coolest Star Wars pins!!!

Okay, getting to meet Stormtrooper Donald had to be an absolute high point for Tim! You can just see him brimming with excitement in the picture! That excitement is evident in his picture with his "guy crush" :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:, Boba Fett, as well!

What a great morning so far! Well, except for the Busybody in the line. :sad2:

He loves those pins, lol. Aww, I know, lol! Oh that lady annoyed me. If she did not know what she was talking about she should have kept her big mouth shut. I bet she felt stupid when I told her that I was in line the whole time, lol.

Great update!

Seems fun, even though I never watched the movies.

Yeah, it was fun. Movies are kind of boring to me. I like the old ones better than the new ones. I guess I have to be in the mood to watch them.

great update! I love all the Star Wars pics. I've never seen that part of Disney before, so it was neat to see.

Okay, seriously Lynn, where are all the people? :eek: That's awesome the crowds were so low!

Storm Trooper Donald is the cutest thing ever. So weird to see him without his hat though!

I have no idea where they all were. It was a great day to go and time of year. Isn't he really cute?

Looks like a fun morning so far :goodvibes Except for the bus breaking down..I laughed that you laughed :laughing:
SWW looks like it could be a lot of fun even if you aren't a fan....I remember pictures from Tammy's TR last year and some of them kind of freaked me out :rotfl2:
Stormtrooper Donald looked super white and fluffy!! :rotfl:
Cool that you were able to hear the sounds on the Streets of America...poor Tim did he miss his Power Rangers? :laughing:
Awesome TT pictures...didn't you love it at night?!! Such a fun ride :goodvibes

Tracy

The bus breaking down was funny. All the Star Wars fans were freaking out, lol! Some of them are creepy. You will see the pics from the parade. HAHA, he kept saying that he has to see the Power Rangers. I was like OMG stop being lame, lol. Yeah, I loved it at night.

Wow you guys are having great luck with SWW! I'm shocked at how uncrowded it is. I want to go the same week you did when we go next year but we'll see how that works out.

Tim was probably sooo excited to get that picture with the Donald Storm Trooper!

Don't you love when you hear/see stupid people in Disney? Just ignoring her probably made her more pissed off, therefore you win! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

I was shocked at how uncrowded it was, too. You should definitely go the same week. It was awesome. HAHA, he was.

Oh gosh, yeah, some people irk me. HAHA! She failed!

Great update!

Your hubby looks so happy to be at SWW and it looks like an awesome experience for both of you.

I love your blue dress:goodvibes

Thanks! It was awesome. The dress is from American Eagle.

Those Star Wars characters have the coolest costumes and really are pretty awesome...even though I do not know who any of them are at all :rotfl: So I am pretty sure I would have mistakened that regular guy as a character!!

HAHA, I barely know who some of them are. I know the basics.

Great update Lynn!

How cool! I've never heard that.

:rotfl2: I love the one with the huge helmet!

She's Zam Wessell. I had to look up her name for my TR, lol. And, oh yeah, she was pretty. :rolleyes1

HAHA, she had really pretty eyes. Thanks for letting me know who she is.

Tim and Mr. Arb would be great friends - he also has a mancrush on Boba Fett.

And you have the cutest dresses - where do you get them? I've been searching for lightweight dresses to wear in Florida this year, and I haven't had much luck.

HAHA, that's funny. I get most of my dresses from American Eagle. Look there.

Great update!! That's cool that you guys got to experience all the SWW stuff without having to wait on crazy lines, etc. Love the line method for waiting for characters!
Haha that little girl on the bus sounds cute-- a bit persistent, though, lol.

Tell me about it! Next year we will be there for the first weekend, so I am sure that it will be a different story. She was cute, but by the tenth time asking, I could tell she was annoying Tim, lol!

Great pictures with the characters Tim. I would love to bring my DS9 to Star Wars weekend - he loves Star Wars and bought some Star Wars pins when we were there in April.

He would love it! You should go!

Looks like you did great for SWW, great pics! We went Memorial Day weekend and did SWW on the Sat, unfortunately we didn't get any pics with the characters, the lines were very long. My DS8 did get one with the Guard though--it was a very short line so we got in but the CM told us he was done so my DS started crying, the CM felt really bad and let us go for a quick pic! I couldn't thank her enough!

BTW I like the sundress you're wearing, cute!

Cheryl

Aww, that was so nice of the CM. I felt so bad for a lot of the kids who missed out on the characters. Most of them cried. We even saw like a 13 year old kid, who was a tall kid, crying. It was funny and sad at the same time.

Thanks! It's from American Eagle.

Lynn...great update!! I just love DHS and while I have never been a fan of Star Wars before, my friends and certain events on my last trip made me like it so much more!! I love seeing all the fun characters you guys saw and everything. I think now I'm definitely goign to go watch the movies again!

The lady who was complaining about you "cutting" sounds hilarious. Some people are so oblivious, she probably had no idea about the CM directing the line. Oh well. At one point on my last trip, this guy accidentally cut someone and the guy who got cut FLIPPED out, like legit yelling and stuff. I don't see how people can get so mad in Disney World!! I just mind my own business like you...no point getting worked up! Some people! :rolleyes:

Yeah, Tim got me into it a little bit, but they still bore me at times, lol!

Oh she was annoying, lol. That is crazy. Man, some people need to take some chill pills, lol.

Great update on SWW! It's not my thing at all, but DH loved the pics and was jealous! We've only been once on SWW, just DD and I and we didn't have a clue that it was even going on - shows how plugged in I am to stuff! :rolleyes1 I was like, Emma, why are all these weird characters out, who are they???

Just a bit OT, but I have to ask - was it you who had problems with someone hacking in to your itunes? The exact same thing just happened to me and it was a nightmare! I was away this weekend not around my laptop but just happened to check my email on my SIL's computer. I had 7 receipts for itunes purchases from paypal for $271! I flipped out because it was attached to my checking account! Well, after many, many hysterical phone calls, it's sorted out, but what a stressful 48 hours it's been. Anyway, sorry to hijack a bit, but I thought it was you who had had the same problem. Back to Star Wars fun!!!! :cool1:

HAHA, that's okay. Right before the parade started, I asked a CM who was working at the American Idol Attraction if the parade would pass by the attraction. She was like, "Yeah, the 3 P.M. parade, but there is no parade at 11. I was like, "Yeah there is. The Star Wars parade." She was like, "Oh, okay." Then like 5 minutes later she came over to me and said, "There really is not an 11 A.M. parade." So I explained that it was Star Wars Weekend and blah blah blah... she was like, "Oh, I had no idea." LOL!!

Yeah, I had someone do that. The bank was great about it and geve me money back in like two days. Sorry it happened to you, too.

Geat update, Lynn! I can't believe the bus broke down :lmao: Poor Tim! Happy it got up and running soon, though. All of the pictures of Tim and the SW characters are great. Especially love the last one! Seems like everyone gets really into it. I am sure my DH would love it!

HAHA, it was so funny. Yeah, they all get into it.

Great update as always. My 15 year old was loving all of the Star Wars pics. Had to promise to take him during SWW in the next couple of years. I have to agree with pp, your dress is absolutely adorable.

Thanks! Yeah, he would love it. Take him : ).

Hi Lynn! I just found your TR, really enjoying it so far - great SWW update! We were there around the same time and I would have been so paniced if the bus had broken down on the way! Really looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2

Hi! Welcome! HAHA, thanks. I should have an update soon.

I was watching the movie Rugrats in Paris with my DS and spotted a hidden mickey. It's near the end of the movie after the scene at the church, when they show the outside of the church one of the church windows is a hidden mickey ::MickeyMo. Crazy! I just had to tell you that.

HAHA, I thin I know what you are talking about. My sister and I used to watch that movie all the time.

CONTNIUED....

Sorry for the long delay.

Back to SWW. After seeing Boba Fett, Tim met Darth Maul. Apparently, he is the hardest character to meet because he only comes out certain times. We had no problem.

Here he is.
IMG_8237.jpg

Photo0115.jpg

I think they made him look really good.

Okay, so after Tim met up with him, we went on TSM. The wait time was only 90 mins.
IMG_8240.jpg

Here is a different vision of TSM.
IMG_8319.jpg

I think I found another hidden mickey.
IMG_8321.jpg

I stink, lol.
IMG_8322.jpg

It was finally time for the parade. I went and found us some seats while Tim walked around. Now, I stalked out my spot like 30 minutes before the parade started. I sat right in front of the AI attraction like right in front of the outside TV. I made sure that there was no other room for someone to come up and try and get in front of Tim and I. Any other parade I do not mind, but not this one, lol. Tim met up with me ten minutes before it started, and of course this dude comes along and tries to and right in front of Tim. He gets yelled at because he was not behind the tape. Dude does not move, so Tim says, "DUDE, MOVE!" He did : )

Here are some pics!

It starts off with Mickey and the Gang.

IMG_8245.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

followed by the Jedi Training Academy. It was so cute.
IMG_8248-1.jpg

some Storm Troopers
IMG_8254.jpg

and the crazy people.
IMG_8257.jpg

Aww, how cute
IMG_8262.jpg

Chewy was awesome
IMG_8263.jpg

IMG_8265.jpg

IMG_8266.jpg

I have no clue who this is, but I thought her makeup was awesome.
IMG_8268.jpg

IMG_8269.jpg

R2 is my favorite!
IMG_8271.jpg

This is the guy who plays Darth Maul. He was also in a couple episodes of Heroes.
IMG_8272.jpg

IMG_8273.jpg

IMG_8274.jpg

IMG_8275.jpg

This guy plays Lando
IMG_8278.jpg

I have no clue who she is.
IMG_8279.jpg

CONTINUED....

CONTINUED....

This is the guy who made Clone Wars.
IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

I have no idea who she plays, I think the orange chick, but she is adorable.
IMG_8283.jpg

Let's bring on the freaks... lol.
IMG_8284.jpg

IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8286.jpg

IMG_8287.jpg

IMG_8288.jpg

This guy played Boba Fett.

IMG_8290.jpg

and the coolest bad guy
IMG_8295.jpg

It was a cool parade. After the parade, we went to pick up some lunch. We ate at the Backlot, umm I forget the name. It is right by the backlot tour.

I just had a turkey sandwich and tim had chicken. Both were good.

IMG_8296.jpg

IMG_8297.jpg

Of course Tim had to put his Mona Vie energy drinks in the photo, lol.

Next, we went in line to see Darth Vader. I think it took us like 40 minutes. It went by really quick. While I waited in line, Tim went and bought that painting that he wanted to get earlier. He was so happy, lol.

When he came back, I went to stalk the Storm Troopers. For some reason, I love them, lol. I took a close up of Darth when I got out of line.

IMG_8298.jpg

Then I stalked Storm Troopers.
IMG_8300.jpg

IMG_8301.jpg

and I caught them and had a CM take the picture, lol.
IMG_8302.jpg

Then I met back with Tim in line. This dude brought Darth Vader back after he took his break.
IMG_8303.jpg

We were almost there!
IMG_8306.jpg

Here is our pic.
Photo0117.jpg

It came out okay. It was taken by photopass. I wish I would have had them use my camera.

After we met him, Tim stalked the Storm Troopers down.
IMG_8307.jpg

And then we got in line for C3PO and R2!! How cool! They were the coolest. C3PO talked to everybody. He sounded just like him!
IMG_8310.jpg

He asked me what my name was and asked where I was from. He said, "Oh, hello Lynn. I am C3PO. You are from NJ, I am not familiar with that system." LOL! I was cracking up.
IMG_8312.jpg

Photo0125.jpg

Next, we met with Queen Amadala. Not sure how to spell her name. She was pretty.

Photo0129.jpg

Then after that, we decided to head back to the room to take a break. We had an ADR for Brown Derby that night, after Hyper Space Hoopla and MK was having EMH at night.

Before we left, I told Tim to get in front of the SWW sign.

IMG_8325.jpg

Up next- Will I ever get to swim at the resort? And one of the best shows, one that really surprised me, Hyper Space Hoopla.

Awesome update!

The parade looks awesome and it's amazing how different the actors look out of costume.

That's awesome that you guys were able to meet so many of the characters....your husband must have been really happy about that one.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

FANTASTIC character photos! I didn't know 3/4 of those characters but they are pretty cool! Darth Vader is huge! He'd scare me! :scared1: You look so cute with the Storm Troopers - they are very cool!

Your parade pictures are amazing!! The clarity is amazing-- love the picture of the Ewok! They're so adorable!!
I have to say-- you can tell that the Darth Vader picture was taken with the PP camera. Yours is far superior in quality and clarity!

Great parade pictures! I love the characters all dressed up like the Star Wars characters. SWW looks like fun, I may have to go check it out sometime!

Lynn, I think you need to go on a solo trip and ride TSM repeatedly and practice so you can beat Tim!!

Awesome pictures from the parade. I loved browsing through looking at all the characters. I wonder how they found people to wear the costumes of Chewy and Darth Vader- they look crazy tall!

Hey Lynn! I love your pics with the Storm Troopers and also C3P0 and R2D2! So cute!! That dress looks great on you!

Like I said before, I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars...but your tr kinda makes me want to go during Star Wars Weekend!! :rotfl: So fun!!

That parade looked like a ton of fun...I really enjoyed the pics in this update, you dont get to see those characters at WDW every day (obviously lol), so it is really cool to see them. I swear you guys do not take a bad photo ever do you?!?

Great pictures with the SW characters, Lynn! You guys got to see a ton of them. :thumbsup2

Oh and btw, Tim must know some secret code for TSM...he breaks 200k every time and both Chris and I never even come close to that. What is his secret?!?! :confused3 :laughing:

The parade looked really fun! Loved the freaks!!! I saw that chick in orange over by Star Tours in May.....she just kind of floated around and took pictures with people....loved the antenna sticking out of her head!!:upsidedow
Great picture of you and C3P0....I would have been stalking the Stormtroopers too :laughing: Now I want to go some weekend :rolleyes1

Tracy

Finally caught up after about 3 crazy, busy work weeks and a nasty summer cold.... I love your updates on the SWW. I have to admit... I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies in their entirety, but SWW looks like a lot of fun for fans and non-fans alike.... like something I could do for my Star Wars-obsessed husband with hating every minute. :)

Our DD just got into Star Wars and watched the movies all the time. She is also now attached to the Lego Star Wars game for Wii. I showed her your parade and character pics and now she wants to go to SWW!!! Someday we will have to take her to them. She is all about building her own light sabre next month. I think she'd like to do the Jedi Training Academy as well, but I don't know much about it.

Awesome update!!!! I <3 the storm troopers too!!!!!!! I soo wanna meet C-3P0 and R2-D2!!!!!!! I loved the parade pics!!!!!

Great pictures of the parade Lynn. We missed it due to our lunch ADR time, so I'm glad that I could see it through your photos.

I have no clue who this is, but I thought her makeup was awesome.
IMG_8268.jpg

I asked my son and he told me that she is Shaak Ti (had to look up the spelling), so there you go.

I have no idea who she plays, I think the orange chick, but she is adorable.
IMG_8283.jpg

She is the voice actress of Ahsoka Tano (again, had to look up the spelling) on the cartoon "Star Wars: The Clone Wars". (Yes, she is the orange one.)

Let's bring on the freaks... lol.
IMG_8284.jpg

I had to research this one for my TR. She's Asajj Ventress.

Another one I had to research (I have to say that so I don't look like a nerd)...she's Aurra Sing.

As always, I'm way behind and it took me several weeks to catch up!!
Star Wars weekends looks so cool! Your photos from the parade were really good!

Glad to hear school is going so well for you! I'm back to the DIS after a long absence for school related purposes. :surfweb:Though I've finished- so I can't use that as an excuse any more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter