AKV, here we come. June 1-8 11/15.. Finally BACK!

:rotfl: Sounds like it was wayyy to early for you girl! :rotfl: I can't imagine getting up at 3 am, but for WDW..I'd be willing to make an exception. haha

Wow, you guys got there in great time! :thumbsup2 And your room was already ready?! How awesome. I love that Simba detailing in the curtain. So cute!

:rotfl: Tim asleep on the bus. I can imagine since you guys were up early!!

Lol Lynn that's so funny :rotfl: That's funny though that the other airline would at least have taken you to another Disneyland. :laughing:

We sat and relaxed after that and enjoyed the ride. There were only like 10 other people on the bus with us. We sat right in the front and I was happy because I could finally get this picture...

IMG_7414.jpg

great picture :goodvibes I still have yet to snap this one!

Great update!! OMG I was laughing so hard when you went to the wrong counter at the airport!! I think you posted that on FB but it is still funny now! :rotfl2: That is way too early for me too....:headache:
:rotfl: at Tim and his pin bag...you must get the funniest looks when going through the xray at airport security!!
I can't believe your room was ready!! That is great
AKV is the best....love it there so much...and you are right, it always feels like you never left, and that you really are home

Tracy

LOL, yeah I did post that on FB. I was so out of it, but fully awake. HAHA, we get stopped in Philly all the time, and sometimes in Orlando. The people talk to us about the pins while they look through them.

When we checked in last trip into SSR the room was ready and when we checked into the AKL last May it was ready, too. Maybe we just have good luck with our rooms being ready. Don't you love sitting by the fire-pit inside the lobby. It is one of my favorite chill spots.

Great first update Lynn! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks!

Hurray for the first of many great updates!!! :banana:

I laughed out loud when I read you got in the Air France line! In your defense, it was very early! :lmao:

You two don't mess around with your pin trading, do you? :eek:;)

Love, love, love AKL! How lovely to see a giraffe first thing in the morning, and I can't believe your room was already ready! :goodvibes

Bring on DHS! :thumbsup2

HAHA, I was cracking up. My family lost it when I told them. Tim is crazy about pin trading. In the bag we have our pin bags in there, so that's why the bag has to be so big.

That room was awesome. I saw a bunch of different animals.

Yay, great first update! I remember your post on FB about going up to the wrong crounter. :laughing: That little mouse with the sign is too cute! Love it!

HAHA!! Aww, I know. It's too cute.

:cool1: You started your trip report!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Funny story about getting to the wrong counter at the airport! But, you would have loved DLRP too! The castle is pretty spectacular! :lmao: ;)

IMG_4897.jpg

I was real impressed by Tim's pin bag - it's HUGE and it must be super heavy!
And how cool is it that your room was ready and the view was real wonderful! Love those giraffes "right" outside the window! Brings back so MANY happy memories!

Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Oh, and since you like Ariel - this one is for you! :goodvibes

DSC_0588.jpg
Hey! Yeah, the bag kills Tim's neck and shoulder from carrying it. OMG I love the castle!! What a great pic! OOH, and Ariel! I got my picture with her this trip..... but, she was not the best Ariel.. she had blue contacts in, lol.

I love giraffes too! I wish I could pet one hehe

Aww, me too. They are my favorite!

Imagine if she had continued to let you check in on AirFrance! :scared1::lmao: Good going, Lynn!

Great start! I would definitely love to stay at AKL one day. Eventually I would like to try all of the resorts but AKL is definitely near the top of the list :) Can't wait to read more!

LOL!!! The woman looked at me like I was a moron, lol. OOh, you should. It is amazing there and the CMs are wonderful!

:rotfl: Sounds like it was wayyy to early for you girl! :rotfl: I can't imagine getting up at 3 am, but for WDW..I'd be willing to make an exception. haha

Wow, you guys got there in great time! :thumbsup2 And your room was already ready?! How awesome. I love that Simba detailing in the curtain. So cute!

:rotfl: Tim asleep on the bus. I can imagine since you guys were up early!!

Yes, for Disney it is so worth it. That is why I love flying early. We get to FL early, too. Aww isn't it cute? HAHA, he falls asleep on the bus no matter what the time is or if he woke up at noon.

What a perfect shot of the WDW sign-- I lovee early flights! The empty ME bus definitely worked out for you guys!

Continued....

**OOH, I forgot to tell you guys something funny that happened while we were waiting to get on the flight. After I came back with my egg mcmuffin, Tim had his head phones in. I sat down and asked him if he wanted a piece and he replied really loud, "I want the window seat!!!!" LOL!!! He like screamed it. I took his head phones off and said to him, "I think the whole airport knows now that you want the window seat." LOL. He did not realize how loud he was talking because he had the head phones in, lol. We were a mess that morning.**

When we arrived at DHS, we headed straight to the ticket booth to renew our annual passes. YAY for 15 months! When we go next May, we will be able to use our passes. On the way to the ticket booth, I shot a pic of the reason why we are here in early June instead of early May.

IMG_7441.jpg

When we go next May, I think we will be there for the first weekend. Tim is so happy. He told me that we have to go during SWW every year now because he loved it so much. It's great because it works out perfectly with my school schedule.

As we were waiting in line to renew our passes, I took a picture of the SWW promotion poster.
IMG_7442.jpg

It cracked me up. After I took the picture, I noticed that Tim's reflection was in the picture. Pretty cool.

After we were good to go with our passes, we entered the park. It was such gorgeous day, and not crowded at all.
IMG_7443.jpg

Our first stop, was over at TSM to see what time the FP were for. I want to say that the wait was only an hr, but we did not go on, oh and the FP times were around 5:30-6:30 at 11ish. Not bad, but we had a dinner reservation, so that would not work. Oh well. I headed over to....
IMG_7444.jpg

The wait was like 30 mins, so we grabbed a FP because the return time was between 1 and 2, I think, which worked out perfect because we would go on right after lunch.

With FPs in hand for one of the best rides ever, we headed to Animation Academy to draw. We always go in through the art store. When we got there, we decided to look around. I found a beautiful figurine of Ariel by Jim Shore. Too bad I forgot to buy it before we left. I have a bunch of his figurines, especially Tinkerbell.

IMG_7448.jpg

When we went inside Animation Studios, the line for the academy was not long, so we decided to check out Lotso Huggin Bear's line. Umm, there was like 10 people in line, so I hopped right in. The area is adorable. I do not have the pic of Lotso and I yet because it is on the photopass, but I did take a couple of pictures of the area(later on in the TR, I have a better picture of the whole area.

These drawings are in some cases on the wall when you wait in line. They are all adorable.
IMG_7449.jpg

IMG_7451.jpg

Lotso is sooooo stinking cute! Oh, and so soft. Ahh, I cannot wait to see the movie. I pre-ordered my tickets already for the midnight showing!

When I was done getting my picture, Tim and I went back to the academy area. We waited like 5 mins and went on in. This time we drew Goofy. I think this was our first time drawing him.

Here is mine
IMG_7455.jpg

and Tim's
IMG_7457.jpg

yeah, I am not that great at drawing, LOL!! Wait until you see my Dale... lol.

After drawing, I checked my phone and I had a text from Elizabeth(PookieB) letting me know that she was in the park. YAY! We were getting hungry, so we decided to head over to Sci-Fi to check in, but before leaving, I had to check out Animation Studios some more. It is all about TS3 in there!!
IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

We got to see somebody drawing. That office is the best!!
IMG_7461.jpg

I would love to have that carpet.
IMG_7462.jpg

On our way to Sci-Fi, we passed the hat, so Tim decided to look at some pins. While he did that, I took a picture of the Chinese Theater.
IMG_7470.jpg

Tim found some awesome vynilmation pins!! How cute!
IMG_7466.jpg

Finally, we made it to Sci- Fi and checked in.
IMG_7471.jpg

We were early, so the hostess said to give them like 10 minutes. No biggy. Tim waited while I walked along the streets of NY. I never noticed the subway before.

This is one of the statues on the outside the Library wall.
IMG_7473.jpg

I would love to work in a salon on a street in San Francisco smack dab in the middle of Disney.
IMG_7474.jpg

This turned out pretty neat.
IMG_7476.jpg

After I shot that pic, I got a text from Tim saying, "Our parking attendant is ready to park us." LOL! I ran over to the restaurant and we were seated. Sorry, I did not take pics of the food. We did not have much. I had my BLT soup and so did Tim and he had a chicken sandwich along with his favorite strawberry milk shake. It was good, and we had a great time in there. We were the hitchhikers, lol, and sat in the back of a pink car. YAY for pink.

Before I ate, though, I ran outside to meet Elizabeth! I met her, her husband, and cute little Grace. She was a doll! Elizabeth and I chatted for a while about the weather and how we though the crowds were not bad at all. I told her that we were just enjoying being in the parks and walking around. This trip I did not feel like we had to run and hit every single attraction. Here is a pic of us!

IMG_7488.jpg

Coming up next- TOT!!

Great updates! I know what you mean about early flights...they're the best, but sometimes, my brain isn't functioning quite yet. All of your pictures are amazing. I can't wait to read more!

...I sat down and asked him if he wanted a piece and he replied really loud, "I want the window seat!!!!" LOL!!! He like screamed it. I took his head phones off and said to him, "I think the whole airport knows now that you want the window seat."...

:lmao: Tell Tim to watch "The Wedding Singer" with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore and you'll never have to worry about getting the window seat ever again. :goodvibes Great updates so far! Can't wait for more!

I literally LOLed at the story about Tim! He's so funny.

I love Animation Academy. I did it last year and now I'm hooked. I can't believe I've missed it all this time!

The Tink rug is super cute :thumbsup2

I sat down and asked him if he wanted a piece and he replied really loud, "I want the window seat!!!!" LOL!!! He like screamed it. I took his head phones off and said to him, "I think the whole airport knows now that you want the window seat." LOL. He did not realize how loud he was talking because he had the head phones in, lol. We were a mess that morning.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

This is great! I love it! :laughing:

I will have to make sure we head over to the Animation Building to check out the TS3 stuff -- I was surprised to read they are doing midnight shows of the movie -- that would be so fun, but I don't know if my kids would make it through the movie. We'll probably wait to see it next Monday during a matinee -- we are all very excited!

Sci-Fi is always a fun place to eat -- love those film clips!

Dang!! Just now found this Lynn!! Going to catch up now!:goodvibes

I knew you would have your BLT soup at Sci-Fi!!! You got me hooked on that stuff!! It is sooooo good and I have to go there every trip now!! :rotfl2: All I need is that and a cherry coke and I am all set :thumbsup2
I so love Animation Academy. I tried that for the first time in May and I'm addicted!! I "drew" Pluto and Donald....They look pretty good from far away :rotfl2: So much fun!
I can't wait to meet Lotso! He looks so soft and cuddly!!:goodvibes

Tracy

Yay, I finally got a chance to read your updates! I was running work errands all morning, finally returned to my desk and saw you had updated....and my boss sent me right back out! Then just as I was shutting down my browser to leave work, I noticed you updated again....but I had to run to an appointment then run a bunch of errands. FINALLY got to sit down and enjoy the start of Day 1. :goodvibes

Looks like the weather was gorgeous. So glad it was that nice... you deserve it after that January trip! The view from your room was great. I agree with everyone else...I'm Team Giraffe, too...cute picture of the giraffe sitting down. Not sure I've ever seen one in its lazy state. :laughing:

Looking forward to more. :)

Great updates Lynn!! :) Question--which Vera Bradley bag is that(color and style) I saw it in the reflection of the one pic LOL --I LOVE Vera Bradley too! I bought a couple of "Cupcake Pinks" when they were 40% off apparently retiring that color--I bought the hipster n another "tote" kinda bag for our trip--I love them! If only Vera Bradley would get together w/ Disney like Dooney did.. I betcha they could come up with some awesome Disney-Vera patterns and colors with tons of hidden mickeys!

:woohoo: for starting! Glad you guys had such a good flight. We fly SW too and love them.

What a great view from your room. AKL is just peaceful and perfect. You can't ask for much more from a resort.

Chris totally would have fallen asleep on the bus too :laughing:

What a perfect shot of the WDW sign-- I lovee early flights! The empty ME bus definitely worked out for you guys!

Me too! It was really nice!

Great updates! I know what you mean about early flights...they're the best, but sometimes, my brain isn't functioning quite yet. All of your pictures are amazing. I can't wait to read more!

Obviously neither was my brain, lol. Thanks. I cannot wait to post the pics that I took one night in the MK. I walked around Main st and shot away.

:lmao: Tell Tim to watch "The Wedding Singer" with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore and you'll never have to worry about getting the window seat ever again. :goodvibes Great updates so far! Can't wait for more!

HAHA, okay. Thanks.

I literally LOLed at the story about Tim! He's so funny.

I love Animation Academy. I did it last year and now I'm hooked. I can't believe I've missed it all this time!

The Tink rug is super cute :thumbsup2

LOL, we were cracking up. I know. When we found it we were like, "OMG, what took us so long to find it?"

I want that rug.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

This is great! I love it! :laughing:

I will have to make sure we head over to the Animation Building to check out the TS3 stuff -- I was surprised to read they are doing midnight shows of the movie -- that would be so fun, but I don't know if my kids would make it through the movie. We'll probably wait to see it next Monday during a matinee -- we are all very excited!

Sci-Fi is always a fun place to eat -- love those film clips!

The movie is going to be great! I just know it. Matinees are great.

My favorite clip is the one with the giant man, lol! It's so funny.

Dang!! Just now found this Lynn!! Going to catch up now!:goodvibes

Heather!! YAY you made it, lol!!!

I knew you would have your BLT soup at Sci-Fi!!! You got me hooked on that stuff!! It is sooooo good and I have to go there every trip now!! :rotfl2: All I need is that and a cherry coke and I am all set :thumbsup2
I so love Animation Academy. I tried that for the first time in May and I'm addicted!! I "drew" Pluto and Donald....They look pretty good from far away :rotfl2: So much fun!
I can't wait to meet Lotso! He looks so soft and cuddly!!:goodvibes

Tracy

It is so good. OOH, the cherry cokes are good from there. I did not have one this last trip. Boo. Animation Academy is so much fun! Aww you will love Lotso.

Yay, I finally got a chance to read your updates! I was running work errands all morning, finally returned to my desk and saw you had updated....and my boss sent me right back out! Then just as I was shutting down my browser to leave work, I noticed you updated again....but I had to run to an appointment then run a bunch of errands. FINALLY got to sit down and enjoy the start of Day 1. :goodvibes

Looks like the weather was gorgeous. So glad it was that nice... you deserve it after that January trip! The view from your room was great. I agree with everyone else...I'm Team Giraffe, too...cute picture of the giraffe sitting down. Not sure I've ever seen one in its lazy state. :laughing:

Looking forward to more. :)

Man, sounds like you had a busy day. It was so nice, Em. Nice and hot, and I loved it. Poor Tim was sweating like crazy, but he did not mind it too much.

Oh I know. I have never seen a giraffe lay down before. I thought it was too cute.

Great updates Lynn!! :) Question--which Vera Bradley bag is that(color and style) I saw it in the reflection of the one pic LOL --I LOVE Vera Bradley too! I bought a couple of "Cupcake Pinks" when they were 40% off apparently retiring that color--I bought the hipster n another "tote" kinda bag for our trip--I love them! If only Vera Bradley would get together w/ Disney like Dooney did.. I betcha they could come up with some awesome Disney-Vera patterns and colors with tons of hidden mickeys!

Hey. It is the Make me Blush reversible tote. A hidden mickey VB would be adorable. I really like the D&B bags that they sell in Disney.

:woohoo: for starting! Glad you guys had such a good flight. We fly SW too and love them.

What a great view from your room. AKL is just peaceful and perfect. You can't ask for much more from a resort.

Chris totally would have fallen asleep on the bus too :laughing:

They are the best!! It was a lovely view. Haha, I think it is a guy thing.

YAY!!! You started!

That is so funny that you went to the wrong line at the airport. I would so do something like that. LOL...MCO looked eerily quiet. Your picture of the gate was awesome. Glad you got a front seat.

We love AKV as well. It feels like home for us as well (it's our home resort), but we stay at Kidani rather than Jambo House. We had a great time with the bus service as well. Minimal waits.

My DH refused to go to WDW in the summer unless we are there for SWW as well. He loves them.

What a wait and FP return time at TSM!!!!

You drew Goofy a whole lot better than I ever could. Great job! Great pictures on SoA!

Looking forward to more now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter