AKV construction

NiftyJ88

Mouseketeer
I rented points through a DVC member for 2 savannah view rooms at Jambo with a request that the rooms be near one another. I just received my confirmation letters today and it says that room location request cannot be guaranteed (which I knew before we made the ressie), but it also says that construction will take place during our stay.
Could I lose my Savannah view rooms b/c of the construction? I thought Kidani construction would be done by then. Anybody know?

You don't say when you are going. Phase 1 of Kidani Village is set to open on 5/1/2009. Phase 2 should be opening 9/1/2009. There may be some construction after 5/1/2009 which may be interior only, then again there may still be some exterior work to be finished.

I don't think that there will be any construction at that point. Phase 2 should open on 9/1/2009 and that should make all of Kidani Village open.

The only thing affecting the savanna view is animal acclimation which is scheduled for 1/15/2009 to 4/15/2009.

I rented points through a DVC member for 2 savannah view rooms at Jambo with a request that the rooms be near one another. I just received my confirmation letters today and it says that room location request cannot be guaranteed (which I knew before we made the ressie), but it also says that construction will take place during our stay.
Could I lose my Savannah view rooms b/c of the construction? I thought Kidani construction would be done by then. Anybody know?

If you are concerned, request the Arushe or Uzima Savanna. They are facing away from the new construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter