AKV Concierge Sunset or Sunrise Safari?

Arthur27

Go Gators!
Which is better? The sunrise or sunset safari that you can book as a concierge DVC guest?

My 60 something in-laws have always wanted to go on a safari and I know that this is the closest they'll ever get...so....what do you think?

Thanks for your opinions/advice!

Well, I have only done the sunrise safari and I loved it! I am thinking about doing the sunset safari during my December trip. So I guess that I can't really give an answer, but I will post the differences between them:

Sunrise safari:
- Occurs at AK very early in the morning
- Only costs about $50 or $60 per person
- Requires admission to AK
- includes a buffet breakfast at Pizzafari after the safari
- you are out on the savanna for about an hour

Sunset safari
- Occurs on the savannas at AKL/V
- Costs much more : $150 to $200 per person
- Is much smaller group than the sunrise safari
- Includes a family style meal at Jiko

We did both a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed each of them. But, between the two the Wanyama (sunset) was my favorite. It's a very small, interactive group. Since it goes out on the savanna's at AKL there is less variety of animals but we learned much more about each than on the sunrise as well as learning more about the individual animals that you observed every day. And the dinner afterwards at Jiko was terrific!

One thing is that the Wanyama is open to any guests staying at AKL. Concierge guests just get a reduced rate. The sunrise safari is only open to concierge guests so if you think that this may be the only concierge stay then you may wish to book the sunrise as you could have access to the sunset with any stay at AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter