AKV concierge or BLT MK View

julie.uk

Mouseketeer
To complete our October trip I have booked the 2 last nights at AKV concierge in a studio and waitlisted BLT MK View, obviously I don't know if this will come through or not,

My question is which one is likely to be harder to book in the future at 7 months?

and which of these options would you prefer and why.:confused3

I am trying to decide whether to cancel my wailist or not

thank you:rainbow:

Most likely both will be very difficult to get at 7 months. AKV concierge consists of only 5 2BR lock-offs (potential ten rooms total) and they are very often gone shortly after the 11 month window begins; in fact, at times like Christmas or Easter they can be gone even before you call at 11 months out from date of your arrival (because someone with a day or two earlier arrival date has already grabbed days you want when that person called at 11 months out).

MK view at BLT will be only 20% of all BLT rooms. Despite the high point cost, those are likely to be cannibalized at 11 months out most if not all times of year.

As to preference: AKV concierge gives you concierge services, daily maid service, and access to to a safari ride others cannot get. If you want that go for concierge. However, don't expect a great animal view from those rooms. Two of the 2BRs face the pool, three the sunset savanna although not the best area for animal view. You can request the sunset savanna view but it is not guaranteed.

MK view is a guaranteed view (although we don't know yet exactly what it means -- for example will rooms from which you can see MK only from porch when looking to one side be counted by Disney as MK view rooms?) If you want that view and quick access to MK, then the choice is BLT.

here is a question. If you wanted AKL for December 23rd to January 2 concierge. Could you call December 16th and get 7 days, so that would take you to the 23rd, then call back everyday and cancel the first day, and add the last day, until you had the days you wanted?

here is a question. If you wanted AKL for December 23rd to January 2 concierge. Could you call December 16th and get 7 days, so that would take you to the 23rd, then call back everyday and cancel the first day, and add the last day, until you had the days you wanted?

Yes, you'd be 'walking' the ressie; ~technically~ not supposed to do it but some have, it's possible MS could decide on moments notice to crack down on it.

My question is which one is likely to be harder to book in the future at 7 months?

and which of these options would you prefer and why.:confused3

Just because of numbers (or lack thereof) AKV concierge will always be the more (most ?) difficult reservation to get even at the 11 month window for owners. Even though MK view is only 20% of all the villas at BLT your shot at one of those has to be greater, I would think.

Those 5 2BR lock-offs can be reserved as a minimum of five 2BRs or a maxiumum of ten 1BRs (5) and studios (5) - or any combo in between.

As to which one we'd prefer - we'll let you know after our August trip as we're lucky enough to be trying both in the same trip! :goodvibes

Yes, you'd be 'walking' the ressie; ~technically~ not supposed to do it but some have, it's possible MS could decide on moments notice to crack down on it.

But only when you are talking about the 11 month+7 day window. "walking" does not guarantee anything at the 7 month window the OP mentioned

We have stayed AKL concierge before and are ending our June trip there again - love it! We are also staying BLT (waitlisted for MK view) in Oct.
Both will be very hard (IMHO) to get at 7 mos from now on - so we are feeling very lucky this year.:goodvibes
Here is how I would decide - what will you be doing those last few days? If you will be attending MNSSHP or spending your time at MK, then try for BLT - it is GREAT for MK access and you can just walk to and from the park. When you check out there are lots of places to eat and convenient things to do (like shop;)) at CR. Also makes MK a great park with quick access for check out day.
If you want to relax at the resort, spend time at AK or do either of the special safari tours, go with AKV concierge. I also like having concierge on check out day - you still have to be out of your room at 11 AM, but you have access to the lounge for the entire day, so if you don't leave early for the airport, you have somewhere to hang out, have a snack and relax:thumbsup2
You can't go wrong either way- either choice will be awesome!:thumbsup2

AKV Concierge will certainly always be harder to get just because the number of rooms available for it at the outset is very minimal. BLT I think you'll always have a decent shot at booking a MK view, even at 7 months...although that's JMO. I just called last week and booked MK view at BLT (a studio) for a week in October with no problem.

I do think both will always be difficult at 7 months, but not impossible. Someone will always be cancelling an existing ressie. That being said, I think AKV CL is the toughest DVC ressie of all. With just 5 2 bedroom lockoffs, the numbers (or lack of them) make it so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter