AKV concierge 7 months in advance?

junoluca

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I will go to WDW in May 2012 and would love to stay some nights at the Animal Kindom Villas concierge level. I do not have AKV points and would have to make the reservation 7 months in advance.

What do you think, how are my chances to get a room? Does anyone have an experience with this?

I have OKW and SSR points.
My trip will be April 29 - May 10, 2012. Travelling alone I will only need a studio.
Do you think I should make reservations for that now and then try to change or is this a time where I can get ressies 7 months before travelling?

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

Greetings from Germany, Jutta

All you can do is call at exactly 7 months and ask. Most people on here seem to think it is impossible, but you never know. But yes, I would reserve something now at one of your home resorts as a back up. And even if you can't book AKV CL at your 7 month mark, I would definitely waitlist for it. I would also suggest booking a Savanna View studio if you can't get CL at 7 months. AKV is a lovely resort and as nice as CL is, I wouldn't forego staying there just because you can't get CL.

We called at the 7 month mark for AKV concierge for exactly the same time of year (a few years back) and we got it. No waitlist or anything. Good luck, you never know.

The Concierge Level at AKV consists of 5 2-bedroom lock-offs. At a maximum there are 10 rooms available, 5 studios and 5 1-bedrooms. Only Jambo House at AKV has Concierge Level units and they are all on the 6th floor above the lobby.

The Concierge Level at AKV consists of 5 2-bedroom lock-offs. At a maximum there are 10 rooms available, 5 studios and 5 1-bedrooms. Only Jambo House at AKV has Concierge Level units and they are all on the 6th floor above the lobby.

So maybe 5 studios available at 11 months and ? at 7 months. I wouldn't plan on it, but you never know, you might get lucky.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you so much for your answers! :thumbsup2

So I have to decide where to make my reservation now.
Then try to get AKL when it´s 7 months before my trip.

I am so excited! Never did a trip alone before. :cool1:

Thanks again!

Jutta :banana:

I should add that a few years ago we stayed CL for DD's birthday for 3 nights in the middle of May. We didn't book at the 11 month window and still managed to secure a reservation for a 1 bedroom villa on CL.

Thank you so much for your answers! :thumbsup2

So I have to decide where to make my reservation now.
Then try to get AKL when it´s 7 months before my trip.

I am so excited! Never did a trip alone before. :cool1:

Thanks again!

Jutta :banana:

Jutta, solo trips can be so much fun and you are going at a lovely time. It should be warm but not TOO warm. I hope you get your CL studio - you will feel very welcome in the lounge. The CM's there are wonderful!

I have gotten turned down calling at 9am at the 11 month mark and gotten in on a whim at much later. Go ahead and try but like others said, it is a nice resort period and honestly I would rather have a good savannah view over the conceirge most of the time. Have to watch your fingers near the food up there,lol

Last year got two AKL CL studio stays at less than 7 months. Booked in July for two nights in both mid-Oct and early Dec.

A friend once got a studio at 7 months for late June. I think it was Friday to Monday nights.

All you can do is try. The time of year you are traveling is in your favor. We were giddy when we got a 2BR concierge for 5/31/12 - 6/4/12! We own at AKV, so we have the 11 month advantage. This will be our first concierge experience.

As other have said, AKV savanna view is awesome, and would be totally worth it if you cannot get CL. I am already convinced that I am not going to be satisfied with the view in our CL 2BR . . . not to mention only 2 bathrooms :scared1:! I am excited about the concierge services, which will be worth the extra points.

I would try for it..you never know. Right now, I am seriously thinking about canceling our 5 night AKV Club level stay during spring break since we may have an extended trip in June.

Lots of people book CL for the Sunrise Safari, so I wonder if you have better luck if you book a day when that's not offered. They have them on Thursdays and Sunday mornings. So if you wanted Monday and Tuesday nights maybe you would be luckier. I don't know, just thinking. I have gotten a Friday night (just one night) at 7 months. I wanted CL to book some F&W things for me as well as Le Cellier ADR and they did get those things for me! This was last year.

I had 3 value studios booked for President's week 2012 (we are offering 2 rooms to family to celebrate my niece's graduation). However, she really wanted the BW so I called at 7 months and was able to get 3 BWV studios. So there were 3 lucky people who got my value rooms at the 7 month mark :wizard:

Moral of the story...you just never know if it is your lucky day or not. Try and you may be lucky :)

Thank you all for your encouraging words!
As you say I will just wait and see what I can get.
And make a backup reservation just in case a 7-month wish does not go through.
Thanks again! Jutta

After multiple failed attempts to book CL at the 7 month mark,
we finally purchased AKV this year specifically for the 11
month booking window.
Other have had good luck. I wish you every success at 7 months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter