• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Christmas Tree Exchange

deltapilotwife

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

We have three trees for AKV. Thanks to Harlemgirl720 for donating two of them.

Thanks everyone for your interest in sharing the trees. I sent around the list already so you know when you have the tree and you can contact the person ahead/behind you if you wish, but I"m posting it here also.

all the trees are now in the mail, so If there's any questions or issues, let me know.

I did this on a first come/first served basis. Most people have a tree for their entire trip, if you joined late, you may only have it for a few nights. But even a little bit adds to the Christmas spirit.

There are two trees for Kidani and one for Jambo we're not moving them back and forth so they don't get lost. All three will end up at Jambo since those that have them at those times volunteered to get them (I'll send you a message to remind you).

If you have any questions, let me know.

Jambo tree:
fabricmage 12/1-3
twinmomplus2 12/4-7
lorelei528 12/7-14
goofydad99 12/22-29

Kidani 1
disneylifeforme 11/22-11/28
lostboy32 12/1-4
forloveofdisney 12/7-15
asroberts 12/15-18
tarzan 12/18-25
boswellnakia 12/25-1/1

Kidani 2
taaren 11/22-25
katralion 12/2-12/7
deltapilotwife 12/7-11
ty_n_cy 12/12-16
db1279 12/16-21
lauralap 12/21-28

I will keep an eye on this thread so I know if both trees are needed. If not I can send one to another resort. We need a cutoff date for requests. I suggest October 1st. That way we can start putting the boxes together.

I usually put in a return label for the boxes and a envelope for donations. You may also put your own ornament on the tree if you wish.

I will keep an eye on this thread so I know if both trees are needed. If not I can send one to another resort. We need a cutoff date for requests. I suggest October 1st. That way we can start putting the boxes together.

I usually put in a return label for the boxes and a envelope for donations. You may also put your own ornament on the tree if you wish.

I wanted to ask about donations and find out historically, what the range of donations was? Also, I LOVE the idea of adding an ornament to the tree!

I wanted to ask about donations and find out historically, what the range of donations was? Also, I LOVE the idea of adding an ornament to the tree!

It doesnt matter. Some have actually sent me an ornament as a gift for donating the tree. Just a couple of dollars to offset the cost of shipping tree home. If the family doesn't want to donate, its ok.

Deltapilotwife, I'm at Jambo house for my Dec 25-Jan 1 for the request that I sent you. Thanks for organizing this!

Thanks! If another resort needs of the trees I understand. I'd rather some of us only have a tree for a few days than see others go totally without.

hey there, was curious what the tree exchange/donations are about? i'm a new dvc member and my wife and i will be at akv 18-20 of december. was just curious what they were :)

Thanks! If another resort needs of the trees I understand. I'd rather some of us only have a tree for a few days than see others go totally without.

No I was trying to say if we don't have enough families, then I will donate a tree to another resort. We may need two at Kidani and one at Jambo.

hey there, was curious what the tree exchange/donations are about? i'm a new dvc member and my wife and i will be at akv 18-20 of december. was just curious what they were :)

It's a way for people to have a little bit of christmas in their room without having to bring everything with them.

here's the link to last year's exchange so you can get a bit more info.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951636

If you're interested in joining, send me a PM.

I sent a PM but not sure if it worked. We will be at Kidani from 12/2 to 12/9 and would love to join in!

Hi from Old Key West thread! Just wanted to say that our dates at Old Key West tree from November 24th to November 30th are already taken. We are hoping someone over there has another tree to donate. But if not, and one of your AKL trees are not being used, we would love to use it! We could pick it up at AKL and drop back off there. Just a thought if not being used at that time. We just got back from 10 wonderful days at AKL and loved every minute of it. Thanks!

Hi from Old Key West thread! Just wanted to say that our dates at Old Key West tree from November 24th to November 30th are already taken. We are hoping someone over there has another tree to donate. But if not, and one of your AKL trees are not being used, we would love to use it! We could pick it up at AKL and drop back off there. Just a thought if not being used at that time. We just got back from 10 wonderful days at AKL and loved every minute of it. Thanks!

Looks like one of the trees has a home for that time, but if the others are still free when we close, I don't mind if you borrow one.

send me a PM with your info so I have it and we'll see how things work out in a few weeks.

I just emailed you. We have two rooms (one for my family, one for grandparents and aunt) and are staying Dec 21-28th. We are staying at Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter