• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV - Broken toothbrush, luggage mishap at Disney resort led to tourist's arrest

Believe me it happens more often than we ever know. It is not always magical.

I just keep thinking of the thousands of dollars they spent to go to Disney World, only to be jailed over a Hello Kitty toothbrush. Very strange!

I could understand if it were a Tinkerbell toothbrush, but Hello Kitty?

Last edited:
Hello Kitty is NOT an authorized Disney character. A Tinkerbell toothbrush could have made all the difference.:tinker:

A broken toothbrush is no reason for anyone to go off the rails like they did. It had to be the straw that broke the camel's back. The 21 hour flight was probably a major contributor, going through customs, not having all their docs to rent a car, etc.

A four hour flight would do that to me.

What a pair of losers!
Delta lost my luggage several days ago but eventually got it here about 2am in the morning the day after the flight and bell services delivered a few hours later. I just went with the flow and bought a tooth brush the night I arrived for $3

If it was a 2 bedroom that sleeps 8 I don't think 14 bags is that much.

Someone at work here in the Orlando area read this article to us at work today. My understanding was that most of that luggage was NOT the crazy peoples', but luggage of other guests that had somehow mistakenly been taken to their room and that they were holding the luggage "hostage" over the whole crazy toothbrush thing. Talk about wacko……… Man, how would you like to have been in a room near these folks with all that stuff going on around midnight??? Ugh…..:scared:

What I want to know who actually came with 14 suitcases.
I'd certainly never fly with that many :O

But driving and mostly using carry-on type bags, (not suitcases) I can see a family of 4-5 using that many bags (2 clothes per person, plus food and general travel).

We are a family of 6 and when we drive we have 4 suitcases, plus several bags of groceries, a golf bag, kids' pillows, etc. and they all get tagged by Disney Bell Services ~ we usually have 20 pieces of "luggage" but that's Disney's wording, not mine :)

I must admit, however, that when I read the article I was imagining 14 large suitcases until I stopped and thought about it!

I'm embarrassed that fellow Aussies acted so terribly. I have no idea what people of this nature were doing on a Disney property, it just doesn't seem fitting at all. The worst part of all is that they were traveling with their kids, what kind of example are they setting?!!

I'm embarrassed that fellow Aussies acted so terribly.... The worst part of all is that they were traveling with their kids, !
My first thought was that they assaulted the officers/manager/and security in front of the kids...great parents!

As far as a fellow Aussie, no reason to be embarrassed, you have them we have Donald Trump :rolleyes: Trade ya!

A broken toothbrush is no reason for anyone to go off the rails like they did. It had to be the straw that broke the camel's back. The 21 hour flight was probably a major contributor, going through customs, not having all their docs to rent a car, etc.

A four hour flight would do that to me.
You're likely correct- there's a bigger picture. Also, the wise also realize that news stories are typically only tidbits of the real story, so judge not.
Trust me, I'd be irritated that my 14 bags were being held up, but then I'd be the one who compensated them for the toothbrush- a little compassion goes a long way. Did the manager really win here, or could it have been avoided? Giving them thousands of dollars in legal fees now does not help. I'm not saying their choices were right, but it was so little to ease the tensions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter