• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV 1BR Value Question

Mickey Brain

Earning My Ears
Can someone provide a little feedback on the size of the 1BR Value at AKV? I know they are smaller than the standard 1BR, but are the bedroom's themselves smaller or just the kitchen/pull-out bed area?

Also, I would love to see some pictures if anyone has some.

AKV - Jambo House - Value 1 BR - approx. 629 sq ft
AKV - Jambo House - Standard 1 BR - approx. 710 sq ft
AKV - Kidani Village - 1 BR - approx. 807 sq ft

I believe the 1br value at AKV is 629 sq.ft compared to710 sq.ft. in a standard or sv 1br. I have no pics.

Is the sq ft difference very noticeable?
Can someone that stayed in one provide some feedback on their stay?

thank you

Value = has view of parking lot.

Standard = has view of Pool.

Savanah = has view of Savanah.
Just to clarify..."value" can have either a savanna, standard (pool), or parking lot view. There are 2 parking lot 1BR and 4 each savanna/standard 1BR units. I know this b/c I'm in the midst of a month-long day-by-day ressie in a value 1BR and the CM tells me this every day. ;)

I'm also interested in PHOTOS of a BR value!!!

The Value 1BR is the same width as the other 1BRs in Jambo House. The difference is in the length, specifically in the living area and the master bedroom. The difference is about 3 to 3.5 feet.

Here are side by side floor plans:

81115ValueLivingRoomComparison.GIF

81115ValueMasterComparison.GIF

The value villas, which are only at Jambo House btw, could have views of the sunset savanna, the parking lot or the pool.

Holy cow! A month long trip?!?

Yes...I'm planning to go down on the College Program in Spring 2009, my family will come along for the month of January to kind of ease everyone into it. We opted for the 1BR so we can do all our meals in the villa and there won't be any extra $$ over and above our monthly grocery budget. I'll be able to get them into the parks some of the time and the rest of the time, they'll just swim and hang out with hubby. After Jan, they'll hit the road to do my Feb/Mar/Apr scrapbook shows while I stay on and work. They'll come back throughout the 5 months as some of the shows are closer than going home, but we'll be SO out of points that I'll have to find something on the cheap for those times. It will be fun, but also a challenge.

When you say shows, what do you mean?
You can PM me with info if you want

Question -

I just called to book a 1BR, I understand that "most" allow 5 people, and it was my understanding that only the "values" were restricted to 4 people.

The CM told me we have to book SV to allow 5 people (I wanted standard).

Do I have a misinformed CM?

Not a huge point difference - but those 12 points can be useful for another trip!

Question -

I just called to book a 1BR, I understand that "most" allow 5 people, and it was my understanding that only the "values" were restricted to 4 people.

The CM told me we have to book SV to allow 5 people (I wanted standard).

Do I have a misinformed CM?

Not a huge point difference - but those 12 points can be useful for another trip!

The value view 1BR at Jambo will only be available for 4 people, but both Savanna view and Standard view will accommodate 5 in a 1 BR.

The 1st CM did give me bad info...

I called back and like the pp said, the 1br standard & savannah both accomidate 5.

I'm waitlisted, but at least I know now!

I think that the CM may be confused. They may be thinking of the old AKL categories. The standard view in Jambo comes with the sleeper chair as does the Savanna View. As stated above, the value rooms are the only ones that are limited to 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter