AK's Rain Forest Cafe or DTD's Rain Forest Cafe?

DisneyBabe04

Earning My Ears
We've already experienced the AK's Rain Forest Cafe and we thought it was beautiful...(although we made the mistake of going there after we did the Kalila River Rapids so we were freezing in the A.C.) but other than that it was beautiful. This time when we go down we are wondering which one has a better atmosphere and which one is more convenient?

Thanks for the time!:wave2: :tongue:

ive been to both, and actually they were about the same to me....i dont really like rainforest though. its a good atmosphere the first couple of times, but then i realized that its just over priced mediocre food...

I have eaten at both, and at the RFC at Dallas and Houston, and found no real difference. I do enjoy going to RFC and will probably go there again next time.

beign that RFC is a 'chain' (like Chili's or TGI Fridays) you're going to get the same food/atmosphere pretty much at any one you go to across the nation.

Our family loves RFC and we make a point to eat there every visit. We prefer the one in DTD, it is so similar to AK but we feel the atmosphere is nicer at DTD. We all have our favorite dishes here and rarely order anything else. I love the Mogambo Shrimp and DH always orders Mojo Bones. Kids are always entertained and enjoy the atmosphere and food. Yummy desserts too! ::yes::

A CM advised me to go with the Downtown Disney version. A bit better service and atmosphere. I've done both and I think the DTD is a bit better. If you want to eat dinner after spending a day at the AK, I'd recommend the AKL. It has some good dinner options.

My experience has been that the RFC at AK is a bit more manageable as far as getting seated in a reasonable time.:earsboy:

We absolutely love the RC and do the one in AK and DTD each trip. You will find much the same at both except the DTD is very crowded at all times as compared to AK and you've already discovered that the AC is kept on high!

The only site we've found to be "different" is the one downtown Chicago which is 2-stories so the layout is unique. Otherwise, the RC is set up in the same blueprint no matter where you go (cafe/gift shop may be switched around; some are smaller footages than others).

I'll be booking my ressies soon!!
See ya in June.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

We've been to the RFC in Picadilly Circus, London, and whilst the food is good, the waiting times to be seated are poor and it's ALWAYS very busy. When I went to the RFC in DTD it seemed to be a much better atmosphere with more manageable waiting times.

It really all depends on where you are. If you are in or close to Down Town Disney yeah go to the one in DTD, but if you are by or in AK go to the one in AK. If you want a better themed place I would say AK's RFC, but the food is defenatly the same.

:hyper:
:earsgirl:

Originally posted by daipp
We've been to the RFC in Picadilly Circus, London, and whilst the food is good, the waiting times to be seated are poor and it's ALWAYS very busy. When I went to the RFC in DTD it seemed to be a much better atmosphere with more manageable waiting times.

Cash, the Wonder Dog and I went to RFC at DTD for lunch in January, no PS, little wait. Cash liked watching the apes and drinking from his own special water bowl while I enjoyed the clam chowder and salad with chunky bleu cheese. Got a discount with my Annual Pass...almost missed the bill when it disappeared during a visit I took to the ladies...Took them longer to round up my waitress than to get a table....:wave: :wave: :wave:

this is a 1 wish restaurant.
so a soft drink, shrimp cocktail, lobster & dessert, are 1 wish. what was available on the menu would merit a 2 wish selection so this is a wish bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter