AKL Zebra Domes, what are they and where do I get one?

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Jambo in a week and I remember hearing about Zebra Domes somewhere. Can anyone enlighten me as to what they are, why they are so popular, and where can I get one to try?

Zebra domes are little deserts, kind of creamy texture in the middle with a mild coffee flavor. They are very good! But I think it is a love or hate kind of thing. You can get them at the Quick Service marketplace at AKL, at Boma for dinner, and I'm not sure where else.

I hope I am describing them correct with the coffee flavor....

They are dome shaped desserts that are striped back and white like a zebra. Very yummy!! You can get them in Boma (the buffet restaurant in AKL Jambo House) and in Mara (Quick service) at least some of the time.

Enjoy!

The PP's are correct as to where you can get them. I don't quite share their opinion about how good they are though. Found them to be just a bit of mush and didn't care for the flavor. Also, be aware that they are made with alcohol.

I like them really cold. They are firmer and the flavor is better. I buy them at Mara, and put them in room frig to firm them up and get really cold. The ones at Boma are not room temp, but warmer than I like and softer, or mushy as PP stated.

The PP's are correct as to where you can get them. I don't quite share their opinion about how good they are though. Found them to be just a bit of mush and didn't care for the flavor. Also, be aware that they are made with alcohol.

This. My friend and I did not care for them.

Last edited:
The Zebra Domes are blurry, but the price is clear! From the grab and go refrigerator section of the Mara quick service restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge's Jambo House. March 2015.

They are AMAZING. Love Zebra domes. Get them in The Mara. Usually you can get them at Boma as well. Enjoy. I am very jealous. By the way - they count as a snack on DDP.

I really liked them. It's like a chocolate ganache type shell with a filling that's hard to describe. It almost tasted like soft-serve yogurt to me. They have coffee liqueur in them, I think. They do seem to be something everyone either loves or hates, so make sure to try them! I also highly recommend eating at Boma if at all possible (where you can get zebra domes--two birds, one stone). Love that place.

We are staying at Jambo in a week and I remember hearing about Zebra Domes somewhere. Can anyone enlighten me as to what they are, why they are so popular, and where can I get one to try?
For Heavens sake...You don't just want to try ONE.... More like 4 or 5 or so. LoL Like others have stated ..You can get them at the QS Mara, or over at the Boma's Buffet dessert station...I believe they have them in the gift shop too...*( Not 100% ) sure though...

Beware because they're D E L I S H !

I would say the filling is like chocolate mousse. The coffee flavor is subtle. I don't drink coffee. If they are room temperature, I would say they are soft due to melting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter