AKL ... which type room to ask for??

mmiller

Mouseketeer
I have booked at water/pool view at AKL....what should I ask for at check in?
or are they all the same.....I mean should I ask for a special section or just go with the flow :confused3 and this time of year (we are going 1/21 - 0/28/06 ) can I possibly expect a surprise upgrade???

I would request Zebra Trail because then you are very close to the Mara...although it does put you a little farther from the busses, but I would rather be close to the Mara...also when going back and forth to the room it was fun to look out the big windows on the left side of the hallway at the Arusha Savannah (we were on the 4th floor).

It is possible you will get an upgrade. For my fall trip I had booked a Pool view with a non-smoking Zebra trail request and I got Zebra trail Uzima Savannah view. It was great and I didn't even know about the upgrade till I got to my room :)

Is that the counter service restaurant? and why did you like being close to that as opposed to the busses? I have a four year old? thanks so much :sunny:

yes it is the counter service area. For us it was convient to go and grab breakfast, re-fill the mugs, grab a late night zebra dome snack. I would say the walk to the bus stop from the room was probably around 6-8 minutes or so. This was the view we had in Fall 2004:

AKLPoolViewRoom.jpg

Thank you sooo much for the photos.....I want the view you had...it is just beautiful and now I am really experiencing ants in my pants for this trip :rotfl2:

Leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone think warm and sunny please :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter