• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Villas--standard or savanna view studio--is there space for twin air mattress

sammyo

Earning My Ears
Hello-

In an AKL studio, would there be room for a twin air mattress? Not to circumvent room occupancy, but have three people, all preferring their own bed.

Thanks.

Hello-

In an AKL studio, would there be room for a twin air mattress? Not to circumvent room occupancy, but have three people, all preferring their own bed.

Thanks.

With the sleeper open, I don't think so.

With the sleeper open, I don't think so.

It has been several years since we last stayed at AKL and that was in a savanna view rooom--although I think those were just converted to the "studio". I wasn't sure if we could move the bed and sofa a little and place the air mattress beside the sofa.

Thanks!

Hello-

Thanks.

I actually think it would work. You would have to move the table and 2 chairs small that are opposite the couch. Then the air bed would go on that wall. I really believe that you could fit the bed long ways against the wall, but worst case you could put the head of the bed against the wall and the feet would be a little under the pulled out sofa bed.

The table and chairs might fit between the couch and the bed. Or if you move the couch over a bit (as I recall, it does move) and them slide them between the couch and sliding glass door. You could even move them to the balcony at bed time, if there is no rain in the forecast.
You could also ask the front desk to take them out of the room during your stay. We have asked them to take out the coffee tables and floor lamps from the 2 bedroom villas because my autistic son turns them into an obstacle course. They've always been very nice about it.

Have you looked at google images to see actual pictures of the rooms? I'm going by memory of the studios that are part of the 2 bedroom lock offs. I am not positive that all the room layouts are the same.

I actually think it would work. You would have to move the table and 2 chairs small that are opposite the couch. Then the air bed would go on that wall. I really believe that you could fit the bed long ways against the wall

It won't fit there.

But worst case you could put the head of the bed against the wall and the feet would be a little under the pulled out sofa bed.

Half the body would be under the pull out.

A twin mattress is small, but I don't think there is enough room between the bed and couch. The night stand is probably only 24". I think a twin bed is about 3' wide. I'm looking at images and I really do think it could be made to work. Estimating the chairs to be 20" and the table is 24", and there is still some clearance between the furniture and the wall/dresser, I think a 6' air bed would squeeze in between the wall and the pulled out bed. I can measure when I'm there in about a week, if no one else has actually tried.

DVC has asked guests not to move the furniture around because of the damage caused to the furniture and the walls.

Hello-

Thanks.

I meant to post when we first arrived, but if it's still helpful we are here now. We're in a dedicated 2 bedroom and have 2 real beds in the second bedroom rather than our usual lock off with a studio with a bed and pull out. However, in the second bedroom, if the small table/desk is moved against the window, there is definitely room for a twin mattress. I had my daughter lay on the floor - even if it were a couch that pulled out a bit farther than the bed, there is still clearance for a 3' wide air bed horizontal against the wall.

I meant to post when we first arrived, but if it's still helpful we are here now. We're in a dedicated 2 bedroom and have 2 real beds in the second bedroom rather than our usual lock off with a studio with a bed and pull out. However, in the second bedroom, if the small table/desk is moved against the window, there is definitely room for a twin mattress. I had my daughter lay on the floor - even if it were a couch that pulled out a bit farther than the bed, there is still clearance for a 3' wide air bed horizontal against the wall.

Thanks for the update. I hope the DVC furniture police don't see this (moving a small table)......

We have booked a standard view at Jambo House and will request a queen and bunk bed room. And might take a twin air mattress just in case....

Thanks again!

Thanks for the update. I hope the DVC furniture police don't see this (moving a small table)......

We have booked a standard view at Jambo House and will request a queen and bunk bed room. And might take a twin air mattress just in case....

Thanks again!
If you are staying DVC, I do not believe that there are any bunk bed rooms associated with DVC.

Thanks again!

If you are staying DVC, I do not believe that there are any bunk bed rooms associated with DVC.
The only DVC villa that has bunk beds is the Treehouse Villas at SSR. If you do get that bunkbed room, DVC members will be happy that you are not damaging their property.

The only DVC villa that has bunk beds is the Treehouse Villas at SSR. If you do get that bunkbed room, DVC members will be happy that you are not damaging their property.

No worries, not staying DVC. I am sure all "owners" will be happy to hear we will won't be damaging "their property". Or should I say--- not damaging Walt Disney Company property. DVC = expensive prepaid vacation. Also, better luck in your next trivia contest.

No worries, not staying DVC. I am sure all "owners" will be happy to hear we will won't be damaging "their property". Or should I say--- not damaging Walt Disney Company property. DVC = expensive prepaid vacation. Also, better luck in your next trivia contest.
Members pay for everything at DVC resorts. Disney pays nothing at all. So any damage to furniture or walls and floors, DVC members have to pay for this.

Thanks again!

We've had to move/hid furniture on almost every visit because of special needs son. It's never been a problem. In fact, one visit I went down and explained why tables and the floor lamp were stashed in the 2nd bedroom and asked if mousekeeping could NOT put them back when they came. They offered to come move them out of the room for the duration of our stay. This most recent visit we only had to hide the barstools.

We've had to move/hid furniture on almost every visit because of special needs son. It's never been a problem. In fact, one visit I went down and explained why tables and the floor lamp were stashed in the 2nd bedroom and asked if mousekeeping could NOT put them back when they came. They offered to come move them out of the room for the duration of our stay. This most recent visit we only had to hide the barstools.

Thanks! I am glad Disney was accommodating with the moving of furniture. I think most people are reasonable and careful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter