• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Victoria Lounge?! Please describe it for me.

disneydreamkate

DIS Veteran
A dear friend of mine, who has moved to Florida, will be meeting us for dinner at Boma while we are on our next vacation. Our plan is to eat dinner, and then head to Victoria Lounge to relax and have a drink while my dh and son go check out the resort. I can't find very much information/pics. Please share your experiences if you have been there. Pictures would be wonderful too!! Thanks. :goodvibes

A dear friend of mine, who has moved to Florida, will be meeting us for dinner at Boma while we are on our next vacation. Our plan is to eat dinner, and then head to Victoria Lounge to relax and have a drink while my dh and son go check out the resort. I can't find very much information/pics. Please share your experiences if you have been there. Pictures would be wonderful too!! Thanks. :goodvibes

Hi. Just came back from Kidani last night. Victoria Falls is located right above Boma. When you enter AKL walk straight ahead towards your right. You will see a little bridge and right before that are some spiral stairs that goes down one level to Victoria Falls. You walk down another level and it leads to Boma and Jiko. Lovely lounge with comfortable chairs and a bar to watch tv.

It is lovely, and I love it's perch over Boma and Jiko, but I wouldn't call it relaxing. We stayed at AKL last month for 2 nights and both nights we stopped by here. It becomes the default waiting area for both Boma and Jiko, so it was jammed both times and it was hard to get the bartender's attention. It also is open to the below waiting area for those waiting to get into Boma and Jiko, so again, it's pretty loud. I wish it weren't so because it's an awesome design.

We stayed at AKL in 2009 and went to the lounge a few times. It is very nice, and I liked the decor. It was pretty loud though because of the people waiting to get into Boma and Jiko. But, it is still a nice place to stop for a few drinks.

it is pretty tiny - and you must do steps to get to it.
You actually can take elevator to 2d floor, walk down hall a bit and avoid steps to Victoria Falls, fyi.

Open 4pm to midnight, according to my most recent AKL Directory of Services.

It's a festive location with plenty of seating for the crowds it tends to draw, in my experience.

This is the only picture I seem to have that includes Victoria Falls. I took it while standing in Boma restaurant - first floor (DD and DNiece were doing cookie decorating activity). The top tier you see is Victoria Falls, which is on the 2d floor. The lobby is on the 3d floor.

DSC01612.jpg

You will enjoy it, I'm sure :)

There's also the Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar which is a balcony bar located above Jiko. I've never been there personally, but I'm sure someone here has and can tell you about it. :)

I think I read somewhere they also serve specialty coffee....anyone confirm?

thanks!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter