Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take this with a grain of salt since I have not stayed there yet (going in August), but I have 2 boys aged 4 and 9 and think that they will love it. Animals, zero-entry pools, water play areas, lots of free activities, stunning resort, and dedicated buses to parks. I am also excited about the onsite restaurants.

Here are links to resort/pool activities and evening movies for the current month:

http://characterlocator.com/images/map.php?map=Animal Kingdom Resort Recreation Activity Guide-1.jpg

http://characterlocator.com/images/map.php?map=Animal Kingdom Resort Recreation Activity Guide-2.jpg

We are staying at Jambo house in September, the 16th to 23rd, my DW is wondering if there is a jogging trail at AKL, thanks.

We are staying at a 2 bedroom standard view at kidani next month with our 5 kids (ages 2,5,6,8,11) we are staying on DVC points, anyone have any pointers at what to request at on line check in? We would prefer to be closer to the pool or transportation.

I am considering the AKL for my 5 year old twins visit to WDW Dec 18-22. I am above to secure a great rate through FF of $189 . I have stayed at POR (riverside and French quarter pre children) I am currently booked at the Swan for $190 a night. I can either stay at the swan, switch to POR for $159 or switch to AKL for $189. We will be attending the Mickey Christmas party on the 18th and visiting MK and possibly animal kingdom, if my kids are up for it. We expect to return to the resort every afternoon as my children still nap. I was exciting to be offered 189 for the AKL. I was worried about relying the bus, but I understand from another thread that the buses are decent during the holiday. I would love to hear thoughts on the animal kingdom for 5 year olds. Are the rooms really small. How are the beds? Are they as comfortable as the Swan? Food options and activities for 5 year olds? How about the pool. Are there a lot of free activities for children?

We first took my DD13 to AKL when she was 6 - she LOVED it!!! Pool is great for kids, lots of activities, food options for kids are great - we have stayed at AKL every trip (except for last year at CSR) and are happy to be going back to AKL in August. $189 is a GREAT price for a room - I found them to be much bigger than CSR and the beds comfy. We always get the bunk beds so the kids have their own space and flip a coin to see who gets the top bunk the first night and then switch nights from there on out. I've never had an issue with the bus service - always plan 20 minutes for a bus to arrive, just like all the resorts, the ride IMO isn't that much more than it was to CSR. Have fun! I think it is a great resort for kids!!!!

Dizzycat,
were you trying to tell me to add you to the list? If so I need the dates and place.
Thanks

We'll be there November 16 - 21, 2015 :jumping1:
November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 3rd, Coronado Springs

TeeterTots, Oct 31st – 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, Oct 31st – 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, Oct 31st – 7th, AKL

brittbrat63, 5th – 9th, Kidani

Caldisneymomof2, 6th – 11th, AKL

brittbrat63, 9th – 11th, Jambo House

Busymommy2pink, 10th – 19th, AKL

Lacoccinelle, 11th – 18th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

Libmom333, 13th – 21st, AKL

Rere101399, 14th – 20th, AKL

Huey578, 14th – 21st, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 14th – 22nd, AKL

Deannaf87, 16th – 21st, AKL

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

RobynPrincess, 20th – 26th, AKL CL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

RobynPrincess, 26th – Dec 9th, AKL

JenniferLea

I'm heading to AKL from the 22-26 of August. Absolutely over the moon.

x
Dora

I'm heading to AKL from the 22-26 of August. Absolutely over the moon.

x
Dora
August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

Jennifur25, Jul 31st – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 2nd - 10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

Broncobill, 7th – 16th, AKL

anjalee6, 10th – 13th, BC

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 26th, BWV

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

Drusilla, 18th – 24th, AKL

MissDisneyDora, 22nd – 26th, AKL

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HHR

They still do the Wanyama safari which includes a drive through the 3 larger savannas and dinner w/ wine pairings at Jiko afterwards. Price is around $190 per person - reserve by calling AKL IPO.
There is a newer night time safari, I haven't done that one but the price is, I think $70 per person.
You can also do lunch at Sanaa with a CM who cares for the AKL animals, no safari, but you learn a lot and Sanaa's food is great, IMO - I don't remember the price, maybe $50?
The sunrise safari (limited to CL guests and, in the end DVC guests at AKL) is not currently offered. I have hopes that once the construction is done @ AK something similar will be offered.
At AK I think there are some special tours as well.

These sound amazing! Has anyone done them? Do you think they are worth the price?

We're finally booked for one night at AKL CL (Jambo) November 7th before we move over to YC. Wish we were staying longer but that's all my husband will go for!

Yes, I think I was! LOL sorry I didn't do it right!

We are there July 29-Aug 1 staying at AKL Jambo- bunkbeds- Arusha view
no worries...

July

DisCatGirl, 4th – 11th, AKL CL

IceSkatingPrincess, 13th – 16th, AKL CL

Denamac, 20th -26th, Jambo CL

Octoberbaby, 23rd – Aug 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, 28th – Aug 7th, AKL

Dizzycrazy, 29th - Aug 1st, AKL

HI!

This is SO far in the future but since I paid already it counts- we will be at Jambo in a one BR value suite on rented points from 5/7/16-5/13/16.

DH was insisting (and probably rightly so) that our 4 and 2 year olds sleep in a different space than us, so I thought we were stuck sleeping offsite.

But renting points and possibly driving from PA :-)crazy2:) to save money, we're onsite. I'm a little nervous about the distance with two little kids, but I'm sure we'll suck it up. I've wanted to stay there for a long time and have always switched to a different resort at the last minute (BC and WL last two trips, but pre-kids) SO it's going to be a long 10 months until we finally get there!

Looking forward to getting to "know" you guys

We are staying July 27th to August 4th at Kidani. It is my families first ever visit To AKL and we are excited

HI!

This is SO far in the future but since I paid already it counts- we will be at Jambo in a one BR value suite on rented points from 5/7/16-5/13/16.

DH was insisting (and probably rightly so) that our 4 and 2 year olds sleep in a different space than us, so I thought we were stuck sleeping offsite.

But renting points and possibly driving from PA :-)crazy2:) to save money, we're onsite. I'm a little nervous about the distance with two little kids, but I'm sure we'll suck it up. I've wanted to stay there for a long time and have always switched to a different resort at the last minute (BC and WL last two trips, but pre-kids) SO it's going to be a long 10 months until we finally get there!

Looking forward to getting to "know" you guys
You are the first one for May next year!
May

Mster425, 7th - 16th, AKL

We are staying July 27th to August 4th at Kidani. It is my families first ever visit To AKL and we are excited
July

DisCatGirl, 4th – 11th, AKL CL

IceSkatingPrincess, 13th – 16th, AKL CL

Denamac, 20th -26th, Jambo CL

Octoberbaby, 23rd – Aug 2nd, Jambo House

Cshel85, 27th - Aug 4th, Kidani

OThopeful35, 28th – Aug 7th, AKL

Dizzycrazy, 29th - Aug 1st, AKL

I am over the MOON! This has been my dream hotel for 17 years! We will be staying here for our 17th anniversary! Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! We are staying with the Arusha view but also had the option for Kidini villas studio room Savannah view. I picked Arusha. Thoughts on that? Also do they still do the safaris?
I also booked a couple of Arusha view rooms for our upcoming trip (in two weeks!). I called and talked to a CM to price out CL options. It was minimal ($40/week) since we were already paying for the premium view. It may be worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter