• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I just booked a DVC rental for Dec 12-18 at Kidani Village Studio Savannah view. I can't wait to try out this resort.

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th , Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 13th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 14th – 22nd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

We have never been to AKL but we have booked an upcoming stay at Jambo House. Are there any outdoor tables where you can eat outside The Mara quick service?

There are several tables with chairs right outside of Mara. My favorite place for a bite, though, are a few steps further at the tables over by the Uzima savanna overlook by the pool. Once you exit Mara, the CS, walk around the pool area on the left and you'll find them. This is where the night vision binoculars are as well.

We had a wonderful stay at AKL from May 4 - 11th! A little hiccup in the beginning with our room when we first arrived. But with the help of a very nice and helpful bell service man named Alex it eventually all got sorted out! We did online check in and received a text about 12:30 with our room assignment! We arrived at 2pm after taking the Magical Express from the airport. We were greeted by a woman with an iPad who checked us in and then took us over to bell services to get mom's scooter that we had rented as well to ask for our groceries that we had delivered from garden grocer to be delivered to our room. We were given room 4352 at 1st which was on Kudu trail, where we wanted to be, but when we went to the room it ended up being a bunkbed room and that didn't work for us as we needed 2 queen beds (mom's 70 & I'm 40) neither of us could sleep in a bunk bed. We were then moved to the other side of the resort to room 4015 on the Giraffe trail for the 1st night as it was the only room they had for that day with 2 queen beds and a promise to be moved back to Kudu trail the next day. This room was right over the smoking area so I don't recommend having this room if you have bad allergies! The next morning we gave our luggage to bell service and headed off for the parks! Around 12pm we got another text with our new room assignment. Room 3263 on Kudu trail! When we came back to the hotel our luggage and groceries were waiting in our room! It was a great location! We had Giraffes, Ziebras, and other amazing
animals outside our window! Here's a couple of pics!

IMG_2642.jpg IMG_2647.jpg IMG_2852.jpg IMG_2858.jpg IMG_2864.jpg

I have been meaning to ask this since my AKL stay last year and am hoping someone here can answer it for me. I stayed club level on 4th floor and one night caught fireworks from my balcony. Does anyone know what park they might have been from? My guess was MK as I saw a smiley face, but I am not sure.

August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 3rd -10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 18th, VB

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

Drusilla, 18th – 24th, AKL

DizDaD7, 18th – 26th, BWV

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HH

We have changed our dates. We are now staying August 2-10 @ AKL CL and August 10-13 @ BC. So excited for such a long trip for us.

I have been meaning to ask this since my AKL stay last year and am hoping someone here can answer it for me. I stayed club level on 4th floor and one night caught fireworks from my balcony. Does anyone know what park they might have been from? My guess was MK as I saw a smiley face, but I am not sure.

I just came back from AKL from a 4th floor club level access, and I think it's Epcot. Mainly because you can also see the lights from Illuminations and it happened around 9pm.

Thanks. This is the longest we have stayed in a long time so we are super excited that we can actually do it this time!
I'm always trying to extend the amount of days we spend there.. 3 years ago we did an 11 night at the BWV, and it was fantastic...There's no rush rush, and you get to see things a few times during the trip.

Not to mention you've picked 2 great resorts as well....So much to do & see, and 2 different/ opposite types of resorts too..Both equally fun.

I'm always trying to extend the amount of days we spend there.. 3 years ago we did an 11 night at the BWV, and it was fantastic...There's no rush rush, and you get to see things a few times during the trip.

Not to mention you've picked 2 great resorts as well....So much to do & see, and 2 different/ opposite types of resorts too..Both equally fun.
We've never done BC. AKL is our all time favorite so it's really hard to choose a different resort, but the kids have always wanted to go to Stormaway Bay and I have always wanted to just walk to Epcot, our favorite park so this makes everyone happy. Hope we enjoy it as much as AKL.

I just came back from AKL from a 4th floor club level access, and I think it's Epcot. Mainly because you can also see the lights from Illuminations and it happened around 9pm.

Thanks. Everyone said no fireworks visible from AKL so I was really surprised to see them. Can't remember the time.

We've never done BC. AKL is our all time favorite so it's really hard to choose a different resort, but the kids have always wanted to go to Stormaway Bay and I have always wanted to just walk to Epcot, our favorite park so this makes everyone happy. Hope we enjoy it as much as AKL.
Not sure how old your kids are, but just keep in mind that, it's a waay different setup than any other resort's main pool.

Sight lines from the lounge chairs are a lilblocked, because the pool is sort of divided into sections..
Also the lazy river's current is a lil stronger than the norm. and it is at least 8 ft in these sections *(not the typical 3 ft.) So it's hard to get back into the tube, if horsing/playing around. * my kids were 10 when we went, and very good swimmers, and I was a nervous wreck, trying to keep an eye on them..:scared:

Also the Water slide set up is weird IMHO too. You actually have to leave the grounds, go across the common path ( around the LAKE ), then up the stairs to the entrance to the slide.... Weird if you ask me....Don't get me wrong, the place is gorgeous, with soo many things to do there, but as a parent, I couldn't sit back and relax....:confused3

Either way ,have fun..:jumping1:

June

Sinderelly, May 30th – 6th, Kidani

Dar-VM, 3rd – 10th, AKL CL

Metz172, 7th – 10th, AKL CL

ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House

Jennifer Mattson, 12th – 15th, AKL

think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

Susiec, 15th – 27th, AKL – DH 50th Bday

Coogz, 17th – 25th, AKL

Carissa1970, 21st – 26th, AKV
We are staying at AKL CL June 6-12

My sister and I are there 9/24-10/4 in a pool view. I had originally booked Savannah View but we are going on a cruise as well in August. I was able to take advantage of the Late Summer promotion and saved $3100 by switching to PV.

Second year in a row staying here, we loved it the first time.

In two weeks we will be staying at Kidani Village for the first time (Very excited!). When going to the parks, particularly MK, do most people take the bus or drive? We'll have a car; I'm just wondering what is faster.

For MK, you need to park at the Ticket and Transportation center and then take ferry or monorail to the park, and that's maybe after taking a tram from your parking spot. So the bus will probably be better. For the other parks, driving might be good. We never do it (we fly down), but many people do. :)

Just made our room only reservation for April 9-15,2016! Booked a standard room due to pricing (hurt a bit to settle for that!). Is there a map anywhere that shows exactly where standard rooms are? I want to make an informed room request as the time gets closer. I'd love one of the partial savannah views for my 9 yr old.

I created a thread in Restaurants board but thought I'd get a faster answer here...

At The Mara, is the oatmeal ($3.99) a large portion, and are there any toppings to add to it like raisins or nuts?

Also, does the kid's breakfast platter come with a small beverage or just the eggs/bacon/grapes? Is the portion of eggs equivalent to about 2 eggs do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter