AKL- Tell me the must do's

Don't forget to treat yourself to a Mango Margarita at the pool side lounge. Mmmm! And ask for the bartender Laura when your there. Shes GREAT.

You also have to eat the steak and macaroni at Jiko. To DIE for! Ask for Rons section there. Best server on site imho.

Oh and while your at it have another mango margarita. :D

:banana:We will be staying at AKL starting next week (me, DH, DD-20, DS-19) and that Mango Margarita may keep me at poolside one afternoon! LOL:rotfl2:

You want to know the must do......take your favorite drink and go out on the balcony sit back relax and enjoy watching the animals roam the savanna......:woohoo:

Can anyone scan one of the activities list for us to see?

Here's what IPO sent me...sorry I can't format it to look prettier, but here's the list from June 2010:

Flamingo Activity – Interact with animal experts to learn more about the feeding strategies of pelicans and flamingos.

Ceramics (Mon, Wed, Fri)Join us in Simba’s Cubhouse to paint a ceramics piece that will be a lasting memory of your vacation! Prices vary and pieces can be picked up the following day after 10:00am.

Adult/Teen Make your Own Beaded Jewelry(Tue, Thu, Sat)Join us in Simba’s Cubhouse to design your own jewelry using beautiful African beads that you choose. Priced per inch. For ages 13 and above only please.

Design a T-Shirt (Sunday) Join us in Simba’s Cubhouse to make your own t-shirt using fabric markers and stencils to create your one-of-a-kind design. $12.

Animal Tracking – Help track our friend Donald using scientific research equipment.

Medallion Rubbing – Create your own piece of African artwork! Join us for medallion rubbing!

Cookie Decorating – Join Boma staff to decorate your own cookie.

Face Painting at the Mara – African face paintings are done by our African Cultural Representatives.

Hidden Habitats – Explore the interactions between the plants and animals that live around the Uzima Springs Pool.

African Artifacts Come to the lobby to discover unique artifacts. Our African Cultural Representatives will have a variety of cultural and wildlife items on display for you to explore.

Games and Crafts – Join the Recreation Cast on the pool deck by Pumbaa’s Arcade for fabulous fun games and crafts.

Pin Trade with “King Pin“ (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri)Bring your Disney pins to trade or start your pin trading experience. Don’t forget to check out our newest pin releases!

Culinary Tour
Join a cultural representative on a tour of our award-winning restaurants, Boma and Jiko, and discover the flavors of Africa.

Meet your Vacation Director – The Vacation Directors will share their knowledge about your vacation package components, resort amenities and activities. We are here to answer any questions you may have about your vacation needs.

Music of the Savanna – Learn to play an African instrument and play your part in the circle of life.

Wildlife Games – Test your animal knowledge with our animal experts.
African Folktales – Take a seat around the Arusha Rock fire pit and enjoy an African folktale.

Primal Parade – Shake, beat, or rattle African instruments as you follow our parade through the lobby.

Cultural Safari – Join our cultural representatives on a 20-minute tour of their native homeland.

Animal Viewing with Night Vision – Spend some time with one of our Savanna Guides using night vision goggles to view the savanna!

Enjoy Uzima Pool, our feature zero-depth entry pool which has a gradual slope into the water. Uzima means “clear water,” and there’s plenty of it to enjoy.

Pumbaa’s Fun and Games ArcadeSelect from a wide variety of games that are sure to test your skills. Open 24 hours.

Zahanati Massage and Fitness CenterPersonalized massages, facial treatments and an invigorating workout facility can be enjoyed daily. Attendant available from 6:30am to 7:00pm. See attendant for 24-hour access or for more information.

Evening Portraits:How about a Family Portrait? Join us in the lobby. No charge to have portraits taken, prints available for purchase at our PhotoPass Desk. Open 4:30pm–8:30pm.

Simba’s Cubhouse:Children can explore Simba’s Cubhouse while you enjoy a night out. Designed especially for children ages 4-12 years old. All children must be potty trained. Dinner and late snack are included. Open from 4:30pm to 12:00am. $11.50 per hour. For reservations touch “55” on your in-room phone or call 407-WDW-DINE.

Wildlife Spotting:Cultural Representatives from Africa, known as Savanna Guides, are stationed on the Uzima Pool and Arusha Rock overlooks at Jambo House, as well as the Kidani Rock and Samawati Springs Pool overlooks at Kidani Village. They can be found in these locations from 8:30am to 9:45pm each day. Seek them out to learn more about our animals, conservation, and the culture of Africa!

Night vision! Every night from 9-11 behind the pool.

IMG_4574.jpg

Is the night vision a paid activity or is it free to resort guests? Is it crowded or will they limit the time you have so everyone gets a chance? Getting prepared for my October trip and if I need cash for this, I want to be ready!

lissiesmom --- Thanks!!! I have no idea how we will ever find time for the parks :)

You're welcome! :goodvibes This is exactly the reason I chose AKL for our next stay...we'll be there during Easter and we'll only be spending a few hours at the parks and returning home to do all kinds of fun activities together!

Is the night vision a paid activity or is it free to resort guests? Is it crowded or will they limit the time you have so everyone gets a chance? Getting prepared for my October trip and if I need cash for this, I want to be ready!

Hello again, the night vision is free :) There may be different groups of people waiting around to use the goggles (binoculars?), but they will give you plenty of time to look at the animals. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter