• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Sunset safari

DVCScrapper

Earning My Ears
I know that it is reported that you can go on the sunset safari if you are staying concierge. Samantha Brown's last show said anyone staying there can do it. But can you reserve it if you are DVC???

Anyone done this?

It's called the Wanyama Safari and it's open to any AKL/AKV guest who is at least 8 years old. I'm not sure about the prices but I think the cost for adults (ages 10+) is $160/person (or maybe it's $150?) for Concierge guests and $210 for non-Concierge guests. The kids' price (ages 8-9) is about half of the adult price.

The Sunrise Safari is limited to Concierge guests and costs around $55.

I know that it is reported that you can go on the sunset safari if you are staying concierge. Samantha Brown's last show said anyone staying there can do it. But can you reserve it if you are DVC???

Anyone done this?

I haven't done it YET, but I've reserved it for 5/3. The phone number to call for info and reservations is 407-938-4755. I originally booked it about 6 weeks ago, but I changed just a couple weeks ago, and I had a choice of two nights. However, after mention of it on the Travel Channel, my guess is that it will be more difficult to get. I'm not staying concierge, so I'm paying the extra $50, but the CM agreed that it's real difficult to book concierge unless you're an owner and have the 11 month window (which I don't).

Thanks for the info you guys

Simba'sMom I hope you are going to come back and tell us all about it

We did the Waynama safari last month, and yes, it is $160 for CL guests but 250 ( I think) for others. It is indeed open to all AKL/AKV guests. They also have opened up the sunrise safari to non-concierge if there are openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter