AKL Standard vs Pool View

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
I'm now pretty sure we want to stay at AKL for our next trip, but I can't decide on standard or water view. Savanna view is a bit out of our price range since we'll need two rooms. Is pool view that much better than standard view? Is there a good chance that we'll get a nice clear view with the pool view? Or, do a lot have obstruction? Thanks! ;)

The rooms around the Uzima pool are in a semi-circular arc and do have nice views. To be honest though pool view has never done much for me - potential for noise, how much time do you actually spend looking at the view etc. I think the Savannah view is worth paying extra $$$ for since it is so special but otherwise I would go standard view at AKL - remember this can include "Bus Stop View" as well

thanks
jaysue

We stayed at AKL, reserved a standard and were upgraded to deluxe savannah view. When I booked the standard view, I did it to save a little money and had heard that there are so many places around the resort to look at the animals, and there are. This is such a beautiful resort with so many places to wander and look at the animals!! If I felt that the savannah view was out of my price range I would not hesitate to go for the standard view. You never know when you might be upgraded and you'll still be at a great resort....

...I really thought about how much we will be in our room. For us,not a lot. As long as our room is clean and comfy,we're happy.
I think you have to look at how you vacation at WDW. If you spend time in your room or like to sleep late and lounge around,maybe a room with a view is important. If you're like us,up and out early(we don't have kids),returning to sleep(pass out) then spending extra $$$$ is a waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter