• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL standard view

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
How likely is it I'd get a bad view - like, a parking lot view - with a standard view room? The last two times we were there we lucked out and even with standard view we were still able to see part of the savannah.

Have you considered a pool view? We've never stayed standard view, but have stayed in both pool and savanna view and we loved our pool view just as much as our savanna view. Plus, pool view is only about $10 more a night than standard (which is worth it to me). We loved our pool view on our December 2010 trip as the view was great and our room was close to the lobby, gift shop, and the elevator to go down to the pool and Mara.

As far as I know, a standard view at AKL is overlooking parking lot or bus boarding area.

If I booked a standard view, I would be accepting of such a room and not expect an upgrade.

I've stayed in the pool view rooms twice at AKL and loved them. I would recommend those over standard view.:thumbsup2

Another vote for a Pool View room - :thumbsup2
Super close to everything - any definately not a view of the parking lot.:goodvibes

We spent one night in a standard view before our cruise last month. We had a parking lot view. It was fine for one night. But when spending a week, we get a pool or savannah view. I'd hate to have a parking lot view for a whole week.

We had pool or savanna rooms. But walking to the bus stop we saw the standard view rooms there, looking up from the walkway, and some looked truly awful, solid wall balconies just by bus stop. It looked like hardly any light would get in those rooms. If I went with a standard view, I'd rather be on the other side of the lobby looking out at the parking lot!

We paid for a standard view and were wiling to accept anything we got. We knew going in what we could get but didn't want to spend anymore $ as we are not ones to be in the room much. We were upgraded to a Savannah view, as nice as it was, it wasn't that wonderful for us as we were not in the room much to enjoy it. We we were at the resort using the amenities but just not the room. There are so many places to see the animals, so if you are ones to not be in the room, standard would be fine...IMO

If you're truly worried or concerned about the view, upgrade to a pool view. As others have said, it would only be an additional $10 a night, which is minimal in Disney terms. If it would enhance your experience, that's an easy, affordable way to remedy your situation. If you have a discount, it will cost even less to upgrade. We originally had a standard room for our last stay and I wasn't thrilled of the idea of overlooking the parking lot for nine nights. It's too much of a long shot of what the standard view would be. The pool view was the perfect compromise. There's so many opportunities/places to see the animals and the other amenities of the resort made up for not having the savanna view. Our pool view gave us a small outlook of the pool and a lot of vegetations/palms. I would do the pool view without hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter