AKL Standard View, room locations?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
What are the best room locations from AKL Standard Rooms? Any slight glimpses of Animals? Anything special to request that could get you an upgrade?

Thanks! :)

Cali-D, A CM told me that most of the animals gather at the end of zebra trail on the back side (not overlooking the main savannah) It is quiter and a few degrees cooler at the end. However it is a hike to well almost anything but well worth it.

I don't think you can see the animals from the standard rooms. There are so many places & it is so much fun walking around to the different outlooks to see animals, it wouldnt bother me to stay in a standard room.

We had a standard room reserved & were upgraded to pool view. We were upgraded because we had reserved bunkbeds & none were ready in standard view.

The only standard rooms I would not want are the ones along the walk to the bus stops. The balcony walls touch the side walks. None of the drapes were ever open and no one ever sat on the balconies. And I don't think anyone would want to!

Thanks for the replys.

Has anyone stayed in rooms #5101-5106? They are in the lobby area, and from looking at the map, they overlook the Porte Cochere. What was your view like?

Has anyone had connecting standard rooms? What were the bed combinations? Are there any King & 2 Queen combos?, that are non-handicap accessible? Or, are most queen bunk & 2 queens (I think I read that most connecting rooms at AKL are that way).

Has anyone been in Ostrich Trail rooms ending in 39-42? Those don't look like a bad view, either.

I'm guessing that I should try to avoid the Giraffe Trail, as that is near the bus stop. Would rooms on the 4th and 5th floors be bad in that location, or is it just the 3rd?

Are there any standard rooms that do not face the parking lot?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter