AKL Standard view - Jambo or Kidani?

Treacle44

DIS Veteran
Is one area better to choose than the other when booking a standard view studio?

We have two children aged 9 & 6, is one pool better than the other?

I'd go with Jambo for the convenience and views since there are no differences in the square footage of a Jambo and Kidani studios. Standard views in Kidani are mostly of the parking lot and can be very far from the lobby. Standards in Jambo are of the pool and are pretty close to the lobby and are in the building with CS and Boma etc. The only other consideration is if you prefer the parking situation and pool at Kidani and plan to use it very frequently but you can still use Kidani's pool if you are staying at Jambo, just not as convenient.:wizard:

I'd go with Jambo for the convenience and views since there are no differences in the square footage of a Jambo and Kidani studios. Standard views in Kidani are mostly of the parking lot and can be very far from the lobby. Standards in Jambo are of the pool and are pretty close to the lobby and are in the building with CS and Boma etc. The only other consideration is if you prefer the parking situation and pool at Kidani and plan to use it very frequently but you can still use Kidani's pool if you are staying at Jambo, just not as convenient.:wizard:

I'm not quite sure about that one. Standard Views in Kidani are only in the first 4 (?) "sections" on either side of the Kidani Lobby. I don't think they run right to the ends like the Savanna Views (except for those rooms that were once Savanna Views but got re-classed as Standards.

I like the 2 sinks in the dressing area that's at Jambo. For studios, I always go with Jambo. Standard view is of the pool.

For a studio I would go with Jambo, I believe all the standards are pool view.

bookwormde

Standard view Jambo - to me is almost the best kept secret. We all talk about the Value savings - as we should - I've stayed in a Value one bedroom and twice I've been lucky enough to get to Savanna view.

BUT Standard Kidani Jambo. Regular size studio. Great location. High floor vew (5th floor). Low points. And guaranteed pool view. Lovely.

I'm going for the final three nights of my Christmas trip. Can't wait to be there - in the Standard Jambo studio -and that's saying a lot ;) because the first seven nights are at BWV BW view. :laughing:

I used the zoom but still lovely.

100_5213.jpg

This one I might have taken from the elevator area - I can't remember. But gives you an idea of how beautiful it is - for low points.

100_5272.jpg

I'm not quite sure about that one. Standard Views in Kidani are only in the first 4 (?) "sections" on either side of the Kidani Lobby. I don't think they run right to the ends like the Savanna Views (except for those rooms that were once Savanna Views but got re-classed as Standards.

Thanks for clearing that up. Somehow I got the idea in my head that Kidani Standards could also be far out from the lobby. My mom is in one for our up coming trip and it's good to know she won't have a chance of winding up on the outskirts.:wizard:

Thanks everyone, I didn't realise the standard views at Jambo were all pool views :) we're hoping to be able to book Value for May, but as there aren't many of those, we might have to use a few more points instead and go fir the standard.

Roll on Monday when we find out. X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter