AKL Standard Room?

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
We have two standard view rooms booked at AKL March 26-April 3. Does anybody have any suggestions about room location? I am not really particular about the view but I don't want to look out at the parking lot. Thanks!:D

Stnd rooms are located in the two front wings of the hotel. They face out towards the front of the resort. You will see some landscaping, the drive thru entrance and some parking lot. We could see 192 in the distance along with many of the signs on it.

My family was hesitant to stay there this past weekend but they really liked it. The decor and many activities especially in the evening were big hits. They commented on the especially comfortable beds in the room and enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching other guest arrive. They also said the transportation was the best experience they have ever had.

the only thing you'll be missing out on is opening up the drapes in your room and seeing animals right outside your window. but there are MANY viewing areas around the resort - you'll have a blast.

I always forget that there are animals BEHIND the pool...one night DH was swimming and I got to watch a couple cattle spare with each other and a few giraffes eating - all about 15 feet away from me. the animals just amaze me.

You room will almost certainally overlook the parking lot. Sorry.

It appears that some of the ground floor Standard rooms may be tucked in behind vegitation while other ground floor rooms look through plants and trees at the bus stop and resort valet area though not at the parkinglot (you need to be in higher up rooms to see the lot) but in general you will see cars and buses from most of these rooms.

OK - you've convinced me. I'm going to check and see if there are any pool or savannah view rooms left at the AP rate.:crazy: It's only money.

We planned this trip really last minute and it has grown from PC to POR to AKL standard - if we don't leave soon I won't be able to afford this any more!;)

We had three rooms lobby level Ostrich Trail and the view wasn't bad at all. Our balconies faced the handicap parking area but there was so much folage and vegitation that we didn't see any parked cars. We did see guests walking to the parking lots though. They were nice rooms and very private and quiet.

Go for Sav. view! You have been so lucky so far in the planning... take it over the top and really enjoy your stay! You'll LOVE looking out your balcony and watching the animals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter