AKL--Standard CL with Arusha vs. Regular Arusha

MamaBear58

DIS Veteran
Can anyone with experience with both comment on how the view/room might differ?

Just checked the price and, unless I'm missing something, we can get an Arusha view with guaranteed bunk beds or the same view in CL and take a chance that we'll get 2 queens instead of the request bunks. So the same price to either guarantee BBs or get club level. That doesn't seem right.

What am I missing here?

Was thinking WL due to proximity to MK (first trip, kids are 7 and 4), but CL seems like a steal at AKL.

Thanks in advance!!

I'm struck by the apparently small gap in price as well. Hoping to see other informed opinions.

We stayed at AKL two years ago and were upgraded to CL, where we had Arusha view not too far out on the wings of the building, and it was great. It was wonderful to have the easy breakfasts and evening cocktails and snacks. To me, I would easily opt for the CL and take a chance on the bedding rather than pay a premium solely for guaranteed bunk beds.

And just to say it, we have stayed WL several times and love it for the easy boat access to MK. With kids your age on their first trip, I would give that extra value in your considerations. Our girls were about your kids' age when we last stayed at WL and the boats made it really special, and easy. For a first trip,I think WL would be an excellent choice.

Good luck and hopefully others will chime in with recent experiences!

I'm struck by the apparently small gap in price as well. Hoping to see other informed opinions.

We stayed at AKL two years ago and were upgraded to CL, where we had Arusha view not too far out on the wings of the building, and it was great. It was wonderful to have the easy breakfasts and evening cocktails and snacks. To me, I would easily opt for the CL and take a chance on the bedding rather than pay a premium solely for guaranteed bunk beds.

And just to say it, we have stayed WL several times and love it for the easy boat access to MK. With kids your age on their first trip, I would give that extra value in your considerations. Our girls were about your kids' age when we last stayed at WL and the boats made it really special, and easy. For a first trip,I think WL would be an excellent choice.

Good luck and hopefully others will chime in with recent experiences!

Thanks! Yes, I was perfectly happy with the decision to go with WL--for the reasons that you mention. And I wasn't going to book CL because I don't like that the WL CL rooms all have enclosed balconies (except a few deluxe suites). But the same price to get a CL room at AKL caught my eye.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter