AKL September 2007!

I would like to welcome all the new posters to this thread. We are all in the same boat.....just keeping our fingers (and toes) crossed that we are not moved. :goodvibes I think if we can hold out and not get the dreaded call in the next couple of weeks we will be safe.

The days are counting down....I'm now at 44 YEA!!!!:dance3:

Hey everyone, just thought I would bump us back up to the top. I guess since nobody has been posting that there is no bad news (like changing resorts) to report. I talked to a CM the other day, and let me tell you she was one of the nicest CMs ever, and she said we are still safe. Hopefully, it will stay that way. However, I have made the decision that if I am asked to move I will request 2 bunk bed rooms at WL.:) My DD6 wants us to move now to WL and the other 3 want to stay at AKL. Only time will tell where we will be. Anyway, I was just checking in. Hope everyone's summer is going great.:yay:

Hey Everyone,

How is it going? Won't be long now......37 days for us!:cool1: And we got our Magical Express Packet in the mail today. Really makes it real for me...I'm doing the happy dance. Come join in the dance. :dance3:

Hey Everyone,

How is it going? Won't be long now......37 days for us!:cool1: And we got our Magical Express Packet in the mail today. Really makes it real for me...I'm doing the happy dance. Come join in the dance. :dance3:

Hi Carol -- Was thinking about you and all the others on pins and needles regarding a possible move. The latest news I have gotten on this matter was today at 4:30 p.m. -- CM at the AKL said that September reservations were not in jeopary of a resort change. If a change had to be made, it would be within the AKL, but at this time, no changes were anticipated, as inside construction would be completed. I have family coming in on 9/10/07 for a 15 day AKL/GF split, so I've been doing all the update calls.

Will continue to keep my fingers crossed for all.

Hi Carol -- Was thinking about you and all the others on pins and needles regarding a possible move. The latest news I have gotten on this matter was today at 4:30 p.m. -- CM at the AKL said that September reservations were not in jeopary of a resort change. If a change had to be made, it would be within the AKL, but at this time, no changes were anticipated, as inside construction would be completed. I have family coming in on 9/10/07 for a 15 day AKL/GF split, so I've been doing all the update calls.

Will continue to keep my fingers crossed for all.

Lewanc,

Thanks for the update. We are trying not to call and check on AKL....just watching the boards for information. I still think any news we might get right now is too early to tell if it will really affect us the 8th of September. If it does, we will just make the change and plan another stay at AKL and do it with a smile because we will still be at WDW. :cool1:

Hope your family will have a magical trip! :goodvibes
Carol

EEEEEeeeeeekkkk!!!!

Only 33 days left!!!!

WooHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

(Can you all tell I'm just a tad bit excited?)

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

MissLiz,
I share your excitement! :banana:
Today we received our resort packet with our luggage tags (Magic Express packet came on Thursday)....we are all set just have to wait for 35 days to pass. :goodvibes AKL here we come....I hope! :cool1: :dance3:
Carol

Hello everyone. On Aug. 2 I called the Disney reservation line. I spoke with a very nice lady who checked my reservation at the AKL 9/1-9/8. She informed me my reservation was all set and there were no plans to move us :goodvibes . We have a pool view reservation and can not wait to get there in 28 days. I'll keep you all posted if anything changes, but I think the resort moves are beginning to stop.:hippie: :yay: :cool1:

Hello everyone. On Aug. 2 I called the Disney reservation line. I spoke with a very nice lady who checked my reservation at the AKL 9/1-9/8. She informed me my reservation was all set and there were no plans to move us :goodvibes . We have a pool view reservation and can not wait to get there in 28 days. I'll keep you all posted if anything changes, but I think the resort moves are beginning to stop.:hippie: :yay: :cool1:

maine girl,
Thanks for the update. Sounds like good news to me. :woohoo: :dance3: If you hear anything else, please let us know. :rolleyes1
Carol

Staying at AKL from 9/16-20 in a bunk room - anyone ever stayed in these before? We so wanted to have plenty of room for all of us - and it was here or the Wilderness Lodge. We chose the AKL - looks like it has a great pool.
I'm just starting to worry about transportation.... from some things I've read it looks like it takes FOREVER to get from here to anywhere. Anyone know anything about that?

I'll be there 9/15-9/22 - maybe I'll see you there! I personally think AKL has the best transportation at WDW! They don't share buses with anyone else and they come frequently and I've never been on one that was packed full of people.

Hello all! We'll be at AKL come he** or high water from the 16th to the 22nd. Since it seems no one else will be there, perhaps that Presidential Suite will be open for us (LOL!):laughing: I'm missing the Tusker House for breakfast on the Sunrise Safari.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that suite... I get there the day before you!!! hahaha I am soooo sad about Tusker House, it is my favorite place to eat in DAK... They should've at least left it open until after Yak & Yeti is opened!!!

Hey, have any of ya'll tried Mara for breakfast? What are the offerings (I've seen the ones on Allears), I am wondering about the kids choices, Allears only shows a children's platter (eggs, bacon, etc.) are there any other kid meals? I posted on the Dining board and got info. on lunch and dinner, so I thought since ya'll seem to be knowlegdeable about Boma, maybe you could help me with Mara. We are also having dinner at Boma - can't wait to try it.

I thought they had a kids waffle last year, but maybe I just ordered the adult one for Max... now I'm not sure. I thought the options at Mara were good, the shrimp platter for dinner is excellent and you can ask for a side salad or soup (pretty much anything you want that might be considered a side/snack item) instead of fries if you want. Boma is fantastic too, for both dinner and breakfast!

Has anyone heard anything about the Sunrise Safari and where breakfast is going to be? We are at 40 days, and the IPO guys still can't tell me anything. When is the Tusker House closing anyway? And then, Teppan Edo is opening late, and they are refurbing RnRC? What the heck! Thank the stars they haven't tried to kick me out of the AKL yet, I might have to go medieval on someone! :rotfl:

Has anyone heard anything about the Sunrise Safari and where breakfast is going to be? We are at 40 days, and the IPO guys still can't tell me anything. When is the Tusker House closing anyway? And then, Teppan Edo is opening late, and they are refurbing RnRC? What the heck! Thank the stars they haven't tried to kick me out of the AKL yet, I might have to go medieval on someone! :rotfl:

We're booked for the Sunrise Safari on Aug. 19th. I was told that was the last day Tusker would be open before it closed for rennovation. I'm excited it's still going to be open that day, but I hope the quality is still the same.

Noticed this the other day on the WDW site: :sad2:

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith: Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 30, 2007

D-Son-In-Law and oldest DGD are not going to be pleased as this is at the top of their favorite ride list......I'm not telling and will act surprised when we get to MGM. :rolleyes1 Boy, oh boy, it will be a sad day in the park! :sad1:

Okay, just had to see my ticker --woo hoo:cool1: I can't wait until Sept. 8.

Also, I got a report from my neighbors who just got back from WL. Their friends were booked at AKL. They were never contacted and were told upon arrival that they were being moved to SSR:scared1: However, they did get a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of money back. I am not sure what kind of room they had, but for the amount of the refund it must have been a 1 or 2 bed suite.

I called CRO that same day, they told me I was not scheduled to move and they are still only moving people arriving before Sept. 1. He said the construction was on schedule and not to worry. Easy for him to say. Oh well, let's just hope for the best.

We're almost there too! :cool1: The kids still have no idea we're even going - I just can't believe we are myself. After watching this site for months worrying about possibly having to move - soon I'll be able to be one of those who can report back about my trip. I hope everyone else is doing well with the wait. Don't forget to let us all know about your fabulous vacation!

I'll be there with my 5-year-old. September 15-22, can't wait!!! I hope we don't get moved!!!

Wendy - looks like we'll be there the same time - we arrive on teh 16th. Your Max looks to be right in between my Andrew and Colin! Hope to see you there!

:yay: So, yes, I have finally started at my new job! Boy, did I luck out - they are VERY NICE!!!! And our personalities seem to mesh which was HUGELY important to me.
And the thought of less work and more money SEEMED to good to be true, but it's not. We actually "work" a half an hour less each day than in my last job - so my full time week is 37 and a half hours. :yay: And not having to put in extra time on weekends at football games or weeknights at various parties is fabulous!
I felt bad for about two seconds when I left my "former" assistant all by herself to work ALL of the events we had scheduled in teh fall. Then I remembered that this was about ME and phew - I was outta there!
The hardest thing has been the adjustment of not knowing anything. I am used to being the one that knows EVERYTHING and it's tough. I know I'm not supposed to know it all in the first four days, but still.
I'm excited.........
And I reminded them on Friday that this vacation was coming up soon!:banana:

Hope all of you are having a great summer!!!!!!

I just wanted to see my ticker and bump us back up.:banana: We are getting very excited about our trip. But, my dd8 is not happy that RnR will be closed for refurbishment.:sad2: Why would they do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter