AKL September 2007!

Ahhh, a wake up call.....what a vacation THAT would be. My children, my wonderful children, are EARLY RISERS. Yes, on a good day we get to sleep unitl 7:00 a.m.pixiedust: Keep your fingers crossed that we can have some good days on our vacation.

Yes, DS#2 is just fine - he really just bonked his head. Just a bruise, no cuts, no blood. Phew. Of course, we can add this to the 12 bruises on his legs, the cut just below his eye from the dog and the "slide burn" on his arm that is just starting to heal. DS#1 bonked his head as he finished in the bathroom and hit the hallway at a full run (how DO you get off the toilet running?). Knock wood, I have no bonks or bruises at the moment. They truly get this from their father (he probably has two or three cuts or bruises on his head right now.....). So, it is a wonder that no one has called social services! Are all boys like this? All of my friends have girls, and none of them are tomboys, so they look at me like I have three heads when I explain the latest bump or bruise.

The best thing about the $$$ and this trip is that we promised each other we would NOT put it on a credit card, but have the money in hand and pay for it in full. Of course, we then went out and got a Disney Visa.....but it has a zero balance..!!!! When I think of how we could have paid off another credit card with this money. Well, all of you are absolutely correct. This is something my kids will remember for the rest of their lives (I can still remember my parents taking all FIVE of us kids to the Contemporary in '75!) (Five kids, what on earth were they thinking? But as I am the 5th, I must say thank you!)

IRUNLONG, I am so jealous that you live in Victoria. We spent our honeymoon in Seatlle, BC and the Oregon Coast. We only spent a day in Victoria, and I've been kicking myself in the head ever since. That will be our next trip we take with the family - in about 10 years we should have saved enough $$!! LOL!:rotfl: We have cousins that live on Lake Washington who come East for the summer, so we got to stay in their house. It was wonderful. I cannot wait until we can come back and visit. It was absolutely GORGEOUS. Of course, you probably wished you lived at the beach in South Carolina! The grass is always greener.

So here's a question - mu husband's birthday is actually a couple of days BEFORE we get to WDW. Is it completely unethical for me to tell folks one day that we are there that it is his birthday?

Momto2boysSC - you're absolutely right - I would love to be on the beaches in SC. Ah well, we can dream can't we? :cloud9:

I don't think there is a problem about your husband's birthday. It's close enough in my books. You're going there to celebrate his birthday too aren't you? So what if it's a couple of days earlier. I told my Disney TA that we are all going down to celebrate our birthdays. We're going from the 2-11 of Sept but our birthdays are: DM 23 Sept, DS 26 Sept, DH 28 Sept, Me 03 Oct, DB 04 Oct. Our birthdays literally follow one after another and believe me by the time it gets to me I don't care if I ever see another piece of cake again. :scared1: But I digress, the point being is that we couldn't all get time off at the same time to celebrate them BUT we could get that first and second week off, so . . . . we just get to celebrate them early.:cheer2: I certainly plan on telling them we are all down there for our birthdays because we are - it's just a little early that's all.

By the way, I'm looking forward to going to Epcot's Canada and seeing their version of Butchart Gardens, we of course live right by it. Should be interesting.

Just checking in with everyone! :goodvibes

Has anyone received the call to move from AKL? I really think we are too far from check-in to get the call yet.....hope it doesn't come at all. :wizard:

I think I am at 72 days and counting down. :cool1: :dance3:

Just checking in with everyone! :goodvibes

Has anyone received the call to move from AKL? I really think we are too far from check-in to get the call yet.....hope it doesn't come at all. :wizard:

I think I am at 72 days and counting down. :cool1: :dance3:

Still got you beat by a day, 71 and counting.:cool1:

No call to us about changing rooms, but we only booked a standard view. Seems like most of the worry has been about having people in Savanna view rooms that will end up looking at construction. And I agree with you that I think they still might wait a bit for us Sept people so they have a more accurate idea on what the construction will be like.

Does anybody feel lonely without ktink around to make sure messages keep popping up? :confused:

You never know about ktink....she still might surprise us! :lmao: I hope she doesn't forget us...how could she? :rotfl:

I'm sure she will enjoy her beach vacation. :goodvibes

Couple of questions....
Don't we think it's too early for them to call us and ask if we want to switch? It's only the beginning of July - and none of us are scheduled until September. That's (sigh) two months away...... My children might actually rise up and kill me if we aren't at the AKL. I have promised them they will see animals from the hotel! Colin keeps telling us that we'll see "Stripey" and that "Stripey" will be sleeping with us. (Yes, we watched Racing Stripes for the first time recently. He's obsessed with Zebras. Of course, this makes one toy for one day easy - we'll find a zebra and that will be that!) (Yes, that is one of my schemes to save $$$. I'm looking for things now that I can take with us on the trip to give to the boys. Rather than having to spend big bucks while we are there on trinkets. I've actually found some GREAT things on Disney.com shopping - all on the outlet!)

Second question - We have a bunk bed room reserved - with a pool view. Since we won't be on the Savanna side of things - would it be easiest to ask for a Giraffe Trail room? With two small boys that get VERY VERY BIG when I have to carry them - is the Giraffe trail closest to the front and elevators? I know if we make a request, they can't GUARANTEE it, but it's worth asking? Where is the construction in relation to the Giraffe trail?

And we are so busy at work right now. Sigh. And in the process of looking for a new job. My mom actually said, "What about your vacation in September?" I told her if I was offered a new job, I'd tell them (not ask) that I was off for a week in September and if I can't have it, I won't be accepting a job offer! Yes, I just can't wait............!!!!!!!

Hi Carol/Houston --

I have read on the Disboards that some people who were visiting in August and September have been notified and offered a switch to the Grand Floridian or Polynesian. According to the posts, all reservations will not be in jeopardy of a switch. I would guess it depends on the type accommodation and whether that accommodation was to be on the 5th or 6th floors where construction is taking place, and there would be less room availability.

Hope you don't get mixed up in the switching, will keep my fingers crossed for you, and all others who are on needles and pins, hoping not to get the dreaded "need to switch you call", call from a Cast Member.

Have a great day!!!

Hi Carol/Houston --

I have read on the Disboards that some people who were visiting in August and September have been notified and offered a switch to the Grand Floridian or Polynesian. According to the posts, all reservations will not be in jeopardy of a switch. I would guess it depends on the type accommodation and whether that accommodation was to be on the 5th or 6th floors where construction is taking place, and there would be less room availability.

Hope you don't get mixed up in the switching, will keep my fingers crossed for you, and all others who are on needles and pins, hoping not to get the dreaded "need to switch you call", call from a Cast Member.

Have a great day!!!

Lewanc,

Thank you for the happy thoughts and finger crossing...every little bit of good wishes:wizard: helps. We are still thinking positive thoughts as we really want to stay at AKL. :goodvibes My daughter, PrejeanPrincess, called yesterday and talked to a CRO CM who advised her to talk directly to AKL CM.....two separate CM's at AKL told her that our rooms would not be in harms way, but we realize they can't really know for sure what will happen in the next month. If we have to move, we will try to do it with a happy face( :) )...after all we will still be at Disney and there will always be another trip to plan!!:lmao: :rolleyes1

Hey, SpaceRanger, I Run Long and Momto2boysSC,

How are you all holding up during all this talk of moving? :confused3 I'm glad my ressies are after Sept. 1.....I think it gives me a better chance of staying put!:rotfl: Hope the best for all of you....I'm sending some pixie dust your way pixiedust: .

:rolleyes1 57 days till we go, but who is counting......:lmao: :dance3:

I have seen you 2, carol houston and PJP..thanks to ktink:) on the boards..jsut checking in to see if you are still at AKL:) I have read up til Sept 1....you may be safe after all:) Yes I have changed resorts again..without ktink...I had to do it one more time..lol

I have seen you 2, carol houston and PJP..thanks to ktink:) on the boards..jsut checking in to see if you are still at AKL:) I have read up til Sept 1....you may be safe after all:) Yes I have changed resorts again..without ktink...I had to do it one more time..lol

Hi DisneyBride'03,

And here I thought ktink was the one leading all of you astray.:lmao: Half of the fun in planning is changing and then changing back and then changing again, and agains :cool1:

I haven't been doing alot of posting, just lurking popcorn:: ....but I have been trying :lmao: to keep up with all the changing you have been doing.:rotfl: I think you and Stepdisney are really feeding off one another.:cool1: Makes for interesting lurking!!!! :rolleyes1

I did manage to stay at WL for a bit...I just kept changing room type...lol..did manage to get over to VWL once....all in all 5 changes within WL....did start out at POP...lol...only 2 changes at YC...I am DONE!! I have had every resort type booked at one time.....
So AKL looks amazing, so excited for everyone....and for those who have to move....I hope you get some pixie dust on your trip!! I will be looking for AKL Refugees...lol We arrive AUg 31....
Sure miss ktink....she started this thread....plus the Poly Sept thread,,,,lol
I hope she has a great beach trip!

How are you all holding up during all this talk of moving? :confused3 I'm glad my ressies are after Sept. 1.....I think it gives me a better chance of staying put!:rotfl: Hope the best for all of you....I'm sending some pixie dust your way pixiedust: .

If I was counting I might have to gloat and say I only have 56 days left.;) But I would not want to do that.:goodvibes

What I can't believe is that the time has finally been passing. I remember back in "the old days" long long ago when we were waiting for 180 to show up so we could make adr's. Glad that those last 124 days are behind us now. :thumbsup2

I have not been posting much either. In June we had a week off and went to visit family in KS and just have not been much back into the posting swing since then. Seems like since then we have had one minor tragedy after another.:scared1: Nothing earth shattering, but just enough to keep us on edge. :eek: Hitting the boards and reading about all the moves moved me even closer to the edge one day, but I managed to keep control.

I think we have decided to watch the boards and just keep seeing what the news is. After digesting it for a while I think our odds may be better for a good expereince than before. Obviously they are taking people's concerns seriously and working to move the people out that are likely to be upset by the contruction. But if timelines hold maybe when we get there the interior noise will be done, that would be awesome. We are pretty low key people and can deal with some construction. SO hopefully the Sept 1 date will hold and all will be good in the land for us!:cool1:

If they offer to move us though I am not sure what we would do. We do pretty well have our heart set on it. We might accept WL since it was one of our other choices, but maybe it would be a good time to try to squeeze the full upgrade to one of the monorail resorts?:confused:

I think we will take it a day at a time and see what happens.popcorn:: Who knows, I sure don't. Right now I am more concerned about getting my car fixed after getting rear ended two weeks ago. I have had about enough of dealing with the persons no name brand insurance. But that is another story.:rolleyes1

Happy Friday the 13th and pixie dust to all. 13 was always my grandmas favorite number so Ihave always chosen to see Friday the 13th as a great day. More pixie dust, joy and love to all. :cool1: pixiedust:

We are set for AKL 9/22-9/27. Three rooms savannah view. Here's hoping that we don't get moved or that it will be empty:goodvibes

Space Ranger 1, sorry about the "no name insurance" issue. Hope all gets resolved before your trip.pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

69 days left for us:rotfl:

Hi carol/houston! I'm hangin' in there. We're really hoping that we don't get the call to move - haven't heard anything yet. Of course we arrive Sept 2, just the day after the date they give for possible moves. I'm trying to be proactive and am doing a lot of research of other resorts that I would be "willing" to move to if we get the call. The kids don't even know we're going so they can't be upset about having to move but I would be.:sad1: I'm trying the positive attitudes of others on the board here - at least I'll be in Disney. :cheer2:

Hi carol/houston! I'm hangin' in there. We're really hoping that we don't get the call to move - haven't heard anything yet. Of course we arrive Sept 2, just the day after the date they give for possible moves. I'm trying to be proactive and am doing a lot of research of other resorts that I would be "willing" to move to if we get the call. The kids don't even know we're going so they can't be upset about having to move but I would be.:sad1: I'm trying the positive attitudes of others on the board here - at least I'll be in Disney. :cheer2:

I with you on both.:thumbsup2 First we are not telling the kids so they will just be excited no matter where we go and will not even know if we have to change resorts. And secondly, hey we are going to be at Disney, this is just going to be great, period!:cool1:

Blessings to all.

Space Ranger 1, sorry about the "no name insurance" issue. Hope all gets resolved before your trip.pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

69 days left for us:rotfl:

Thanks. I am sure it will all come together. I am being patient, but I would rather just have it resolved. :)

:cool1: 55 days :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter