• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Sept 2008

Cuteallyb

Earning My Ears
Happy New Year all!
This is my first post - so please, be gentle :o)

I will be celebrating my 30th birthday next year - and am hoping to go to the AKL in September. I am a little concerned about the following:
1) Construction work there - is it going to bother us?
2) Which room type to go for - Savannah OR Concierge? Are the Concierge rooms worth the extra?
3) What safari's are available to me? Does the concierge room grant me more access?

I have enjoyed reading all of your experiences and hope to be on here a little more often !!

Thanks!

Alison
x

1)depends upon what side of the resort you are on. the construction inside the resort will be done.

2) Concierge at AKL seems to be worth it to most of the people. the problem is you don't know what view you are getting. Not all concierge are savannah views.

3) yes the concierge has one at sunrise, the other one at sunset is availble to anyone staying at AKLor AKV.

Akl concierge is wonderful - our favorite so far! The offerings are tasty and the staff is great. The Sunrise Safari can't be beat - the buffet alone at the end of the trip is worth it.

AKL is my personal favorite of all the resorts, but I would be sad if I didn't have a savanahh room. Last time we had a one-bedroom suite on the third floor, overlooking the giraffe barn for the males. This is my favorite view!

I haven't stayed concierge at the AKL but most folks who do love it! :thumbsup2 We booked a standard room for this past December but were upgraded to a savannah view on the Zebra trail. No construction was going on on that side of the lodge. By September, construction should be in full swing on the Kidani Village which is on the opposite trail from where the Zebra trail is.

Thanks for all your comments - I must say, all this WDW talk is quite confusing !!!

Obviously I would LOVE a concierge-level room - but even the savannah rooms are quite expensive to book from the UK :o(

Are you able to choose the zebra trail and a view over the savannah?

Alison
x

1)
2) Concierge at AKL seems to be worth it to most of the people. the problem is you don't know what view you are getting. Not all concierge are savannah views.

Please note this is NOT accurate. This is old information.

Updated info: All concierge rooms are savanna views at AKL.

.....Info straight from IPO AKL.

I just called last night and booked an AKL Savannah view in November (for my 40th birthday! :banana: ). I didn't go for a concierge room because they wouldn't guarantee me a Savannah view room. The bookie told me the construction will not interfere with our stay.

Hope this helps!

I just called last night and booked an AKL Savannah view in November (for my 40th birthday! :banana: ). I didn't go for a concierge room because they wouldn't guarantee me a Savannah view room. The bookie told me the construction will not interfere with our stay.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful birthday!!! :woohoo:

:headache: Wish the bookies had accurate information.....

Please note this is NOT accurate. This is old information.

Updated info: All concierge rooms are savanna views at AKL.

.....Info straight from IPO AKL.

hi, have booked a concierge room at akl but this is not guaranteed sav view. but saying that it is a dvc booking and the villa configurations dont help

hi, have booked a concierge room at akl but this is not guaranteed sav view. but saying that it is a dvc booking and the villa configurations dont help

I don't know anything about Time share....but folks booking a regular hotel room, AKL concierge are guaranteed a savanna view.

I've stayed both club level and regular Savannah view. I actually prefer regular Savannah view because I'm tiny and they put us on the second floor and I could see the animals much better.

As far as the club level safaris go:

I thought the Sunset Safari was far better than the Sunrise. You get sooo close to the animals at the lodge it is just practically unbelievable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter