AKL Savannahs

ckmoore

Earning My Ears
I am planning on booking a savannah view room in October 2006 and have heard that the different savannahs have different views. Does anyone have advice on this matter? Can I request a specific savannah room? I appreciate any advice AKL lovers would have for me.

Well, I don't know what savannah to tell you to request. What I can tell you is we didn't particularly prefer the one we were on . I think it was the Uzima Trail.? Our savannah had mostly cattle type animals and I wanted to see the giraffes. Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely stay and a lovely view. I just wish we'd known more about the savannahs and had asked for the trail we really wanted. I'm sure they will take your request. Not saying they will accomodate you but I'm sure they take requests.

Hi! :wave:

We were lucky enough to stay at AKL just a couple of days ago :cloud9: I loved the room we were in. We had all kinds of animals grazing right outside our balcony. I don't remember which section it was in, but our room number was #5347. It was a deluxe savannah view....Good Luck! :wizard:
These pictures are from right outside our balcony!

47b5cc01b3127cce9658fdbc5f5600000016108Ics27Vsxcw

47b5cc01b3127cce9658f2489e0d00000016108Ics27Vsxcw

47b5cc01b3127cce9658f23c9e7900000016108Ics27Vsxcw

47b5cc01b3127cce9658f23a9e7f00000016108Ics27Vsxcw

47b5cc01b3127cce9658f2ff1f8a00000016108Ics27Vsxcw

The best advice I can give you is not to get wrapped up about it. If you search enough, you'll find a consensus about what savannas, buildings, and floors are best. But if everybody requests these rooms, only a small percentage will get them. The others will be disapointed. We didn't get the building or floor or savannah we requested. So we were disapointed for the first day or two. Then we came to enjoy what we had. And it was awesome. But I'm sure we didn't have the "best" view.

So don't set yourself up for disapointment - the savannah view experience is awesome no matter where they put you.

BostonRob said:
The best advice I can give you is not to get wrapped up about it. If you search enough, you'll find a consensus about what savannas, buildings, and floors are best.

I did exactly that. I simply asked for a Savannah view for this very reason. The more I read, the more confused I became. I decided to like whatever I get. I will let you know if it works out whe nwe return.

We just returned from our stay at AKL about 3 weeks ago. If you want to view the animals from your room, I would recommend talking to someone at AKL to find out when the animals will be fed outside your room.

We did not see very many animals the first 6 nights of our 8 night stay. I figured it was because we were out of our room by 8:00AM everyday to go to the parks and back in our room after dark. On our 7th day, we returned to our room by 4:00PM. The cast members were feeding the animals and they were everywhere! Definitely find out when it is feeding time.

Big Daddy Incredible said:
We just returned from our stay at AKL about 3 weeks ago. If you want to view the animals from your room, I would recommend talking to someone at AKL to find out when the animals will be fed outside your room.

We did not see very many animals the first 6 nights of our 8 night stay. I figured it was because we were out of our room by 8:00AM everyday to go to the parks and back in our room after dark. On our 7th day, we returned to our room by 4:00PM. The cast members were feeding the animals and they were everywhere! Definitely find out when it is feeding time.

Good advice. We were there with a 2 years old, so, we were back and forth, in and out of that room a lot. Consequently, we saw different animals at different times of day.

ckmoore said:
I am planning on booking a savannah view room in October 2006 and have heard that the different savannahs have different views. Does anyone have advice on this matter? Can I request a specific savannah room? I appreciate any advice AKL lovers would have for me.

Hi,
When you booka savannah view room you can request a view of a certain savannah but you could still end up with a view of a different one. I tend to request a trail. We have had views of the Arusha and the Uzima and enjoyed both. We love the AKL we will be back for our sixth stay in just a few weeks.

I have stayed quite a few times at Animal Kingdom Lodge. My personal favorite savannah is Sunset Savannah along the Kudu Trail. This gives you giraffes, Thompson Gazelles, ostriches, several antelope species and quite a few different birds. If your favorite animal is zebra, request Arusha Savannah. There are so many overlooks, however, that even if you don't get your preferred savannah, you will still be able to see many of the animals by going to the overlooks. Have a great time!

I have got to agree with Boston Rob....

we have been to many resorts over the years......and never once had I requested anything other than non smoking and a pack and play......

AKL we loved.....(although it is not on the monorail track).....

don't worry......:)

Thank you everyone for your advise. I think I will do just that - book it and forget it. I am a planner but I don't obsess. I know I will enjoy my stay regardoless. I always visit AKL when we go to Disney, but this is our first stay, and I can't wait. Thanks again!!!

When we stayed there w/savannah view I requested a room facing the arusha savannah. We got a room on the Kudu Trail facing the arusha savannah and it was awesome! Saw lots of zebras and giraffes.

The only thing negative I noticed about the 'outside' savannahs (those not surrounded by the hotel) was that you could hear/see the Orlando traffic during the day. It's hard to pretend the world doesn't exist when the horns are honking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter