AKL room on eBay - seller has now disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they can't speak to you about it, but if you follow the advice given a couple of posts up about finding it through the Disney website, at least you will know for sure if you have a reservation or not. Then once you know that, you can move ahead from there.

I did go to the website (and have been verifying it daily) and we do currently have a valid reservation. I was also able to add dining reservations to it. So for now it's just wait-and-see, but makes me nervous since our reservations are so far out.

First sorry this is happening it's horrible, AND I hope others realize NOT to trust eBay for such a big event such as this. eBay and paypal care about money NOT you or feelings. I have been screwed over many times when I was right but eBay and paypals "rules" kicked in.

I did go to the website (and have been verifying it daily) and we do currently have a valid reservation. I was also able to add dining reservations to it. So for now it's just wait-and-see, but makes me nervous since our reservations are so far out.

Wickets - I am in the same boat with scottys_travel. How were u able to add dining??

It sounds like WicketsMom was able to link Dining Reservations to her resort reservation. This is different from adding a pre-paid dining plan, that has to be done through Member Services.

I also rented points from scott. I spoke with him by email and on the phone lots of times between Sept and Oct. Checked lots of his references and verified his ownership in DVC on the comptrollers website. It showed him owning 19 DVC properties. He was always great to deal with and lots of repeat customers. I paid him on Oct 25th and he made my ressie that same day. He emailed me my confirmation info within days and sent me my original confirmation from DVC via overnight fedex as soon as he got it in NOvember. I really had no other need to contact him till dec. when My best friend decided to rent points from him for her feb trip. Again he responded to my email within a few hours and they worked everything out between them and he talked to her several times over the next week about her trip. He emailed her her confirmation # also. She then tried to email him 5 days before her trip, it was the end of Jan. And he never responded. She kept checking her ressie on line and is was showing up. When they arrived at Animal Kingdom everything was fine. My trip was planned for about 6 weeks after hers, so now I'm freaking out because it was past the 45 days for EBAY or paypal to get involved. So I kept trying to reach him and nothing...... I just kept checking my reservation on the disney website and when I checked in everything was fine. That was just last week. Our Dates were 3/26 - 4/2. It seems like anyone that actually got a reservation # from him and had contact with him that their trip is fine. It's mostly the people who just won Random auctions that were not actually created just for them are the people having the problems. I would just keep checking your ressie on the disney site. If it gets cancelled you'll know it! Good luck. You can PM me if you have any questions!

I am glad to see this. We have reservations (still entact) for the first week in May. We are going down (with fingers crossed) as my dad is pretty sick...this is one of those celebrations we don't want to be missing out on OR have major issues with.
Scott was incredibly attentive prior to his disappearance. I am hoping our reservations stay, but I also hope that he is okay...the whole thing seems odd.

I honestly believe that it is not a scam and that there is a reason behind scott's disappearance. My reservation (no pun intended) is this - if he IS missing and hasn't been able to/wasn't able to pay dues, all reservations after 4/15 will be cancelled by Disney. So even tho everyone else has had success, that doesn't mean the rest of us (set to travel after 4/15) will. Fingers crossed - time will tell:sad2:

I honestly believe that it is not a scam and that there is a reason behind scott's disappearance. My reservation (no pun intended) is this - if he IS missing and hasn't been able to/wasn't able to pay dues, all reservations after 4/15 will be cancelled by Disney. So even tho everyone else has had success, that doesn't mean the rest of us (set to travel after 4/15) will. Fingers crossed - time will tell:sad2:

Tink-
When are your reservations for? If the dues weren't paid, I am guessing we will know on the 15th when we all look up our existing reservations. Our check-in date is set for May 4. We have two rooms.
My gut tells me that it is not a scam either. I guess we will find out one way or another.

Right before yours - we leave on 4/24. I can do online check in tomorrow but in theory - anywhere from 9 days before until the day of my ressie could be cancelled. I am so worried and I feel so helpless

It sounds like WicketsMom was able to link Dining Reservations to her resort reservation. This is different from adding a pre-paid dining plan, that has to be done through Member Services.

Yes that is correct. We don't get the dining plan because we honestly don't eat that much when we're in the parks. I made a couple of dining reservations online and linked them to our reservation.

Is April 15 when all annual dues are due?

Yes that is correct. We don't get the dining plan because we honestly don't eat that much when we're in the parks. I made a couple of dining reservations online and linked them to our reservation.

Is April 15 when all annual dues are due?

Some people pay their dues each month, some once a year. If he was month to month I think he would already be in default.

I think? they are due on the 1st of each month if you pay them that way. I believe January is the one month where they are paid on the 15th.

Our reservations were made by him on January 9, and seem to be one of the last ones that were actually made. Hopefully he did pay the dues before the 15th if that's when they were due. I guess we will all find out on Friday!

Yes I was told that some people pay month to month on automatic withdraw. Others once a yr - their due date is Jan 15 but they'Re given a grace period. As of feb 15 if not paid the member incurs fees - after April 15 - future ressies are cancelled. That's what I was told by dvc ms (not specific to our guy obviously - we have no way of knowing if he is paid up or not. This is just general procedure.)

First sorry this is happening it's horrible, AND I hope others realize NOT to trust eBay for such a big event such as this. eBay and paypal care about money NOT you or feelings. I have been screwed over many times when I was right but eBay and paypals "rules" kicked in.

100% agree - don't expect help from PayPal or ebay. I have also been burned and am very careful buying or selling ANYTHING on eBay!

Right before yours - we leave on 4/24. I can do online check in tomorrow but in theory - anywhere from 9 days before until the day of my ressie could be cancelled. I am so worried and I feel so helpless[/QUOTE

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for the 15th. I checked out his deeds online. I lost count of his points after 3,850. Let's hope that someone with that number of points can also pay off mf dues in January from the auctions he did sell. I remain somewhat hopeful considering he did have good reviews up until January. He also had a handful of people who used him more than once or reported back while on their trip or after it. Mainly, I am just trying to stay hopeful b/c I will be devastated otherwise. It is nice to know that others have gone on their trips successfully. So, fingers crossed for the 15th.

We also checked his feedback and I don't think whatever happened was intentionally meant to scam anyone. However, we had to make the choice to cancel while we were in the 45 day window. We wouldn't have booked without knowing we could add the dining plan and since there was no contact for over a month, we weren't going to chance it. Even if there was something personal going on with him, he could've sent an e-mail or had a friend send an e-mail letting us know there may be a delay in responding to our e-mails. Unfortunately, I think he's in too deep now to clear his name.

Seriously what is with you thinking everyone that works for DVC is dishonest.

I know for fact he does not work for DVC. And it is not against policy to rent your DVC points, whether you agree with that or not. And DVC does take measures against commercial renting.

It IS against policy for any DVC employee to rent out points though.

So, I checked on the reservations again today (the 15th) and knock on wood...they are still listed. I will check again later, but I am guessing this is one less hurdle to jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter