AKL room location question

tfiga1

Mouseketeer
My family would like to be as close as possible to the main building and will not be booking savannah view. I thought I read somewhere previously (I did a search and could not locate the previous thread) that pool view rooms are close to the main building. Can anyone confirm that pool view is usually closer than standard view?

Thanks so much.

Usually the pool view rooms are a little farther down the hallway than a standard view room (if you get a standard view that is one of the obstructed pool views). Sometimes a standard view room is actually one of the beginning rooms in the hallway with an obstructed view of the pool (due to the trees/foliage). But sometimes the standard view rooms are way down the hallway and have a view of "nothing". It's kind of a crap-shoot! With the pool view rooms you most likely will be about half-way to 3/4 of the way down one of the wings. More of a guarantee there. But the beginning ones in the hallway are not considered pool view - so that's kind of up to you. Sorry I can't be totally specific and say "book this type of room and you will definitely be at the beginning of the hallway"

Thanks...I guess I will just book standard and ask to be close to the main building and maybe I will get lucky and get one.

My family would like to be as close as possible to the main building and will not be booking savannah view. I thought I read somewhere previously (I did a search and could not locate the previous thread) that pool view rooms are close to the main building. Can anyone confirm that pool view is usually closer than standard view?

Thanks so much.

For AKL, there is only one building. Kidani Village (which is about 1/2 mile away) is all DVC villas. Savanna, pool are all in Jambo House for AKL rooms.

Honestly? I would book a pool view room over a standard view in a second.

All the pool view rooms are centrally located - if they are *further away* than a standard room, it would literally be an 1-2 minute increase in walking distance.
A standard room can have a view of the Parking lot or a roof.
We have stayed in a Pool View room twice - we were a 3 minute walk to the Mara - 2 minute walk to the Pool and a 5 or 6 minute walk to the bus stop.
:)

Ok, so I think I am going to go with the pool view as it is only $105 dollars more. I love this board so much good info.

We had a standard view and it was literally directly above the check in desk. Our view was of a roof with the savanna in the distance. We were able to see animals, just with a roof in the way. If we walked out our door and turned left, we were 2 minutes from the mara. Out the door and to the right, we were in the lobby, which was perfect for heading to the bus stop. I would just request a room close to the lobby. Then, when you're checking in, ask again if they have anything close to the lobby. Enjoy, we loved AKL! :)

Our pool view was originally zebra trail and then they moved us to Giraffe trail as we had booked connecting with kids and the original ones connected with the rooms on the opposite sides. The Giraffe rooms were about 1/3 of the way down the hall, right past the set of elevators that comes out in front of the pool. Pretty convenient to the pool and not too far from the lobby. We'd go out the doors to the pool and around and were at the Mara for drink refills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter