• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? Akl Renovations

Kata

DIS Veteran
I know this may be a dumb question but I have ressies for a standard AKL CL room in 11/07. I was wondering if these rooms will be renovated or are they just working on turning rooms into DVC rooms? I love newly renovated rooms.
Thanks!!!!!! :)

Kata said:
I know this may be a dumb question but I have ressies for a standard AKL CL room in 11/07. I was wondering if these rooms will be renovated or are they just working on turning rooms into DVC rooms? I love newly renovated rooms.
Thanks!!!!!! :)
Not a dumb question, it just reflects you have concerns about your WDW Vacation you have already booked with Disney. Personally, I think Disney should contact anyone who already has a reservation during the DVC Construction period in synch with their construction announcement, especially for families on the 5th & 6th floors and provide you assurances of a great vacation to include where you will actually be staying, at least in general terms.

Their DVC decision and announcement most likely included construction project plans, so you should expect they have an idea of the various phases and timelines. It appears how they will actually execute these plans are probably being defined by those who will get the job done. No matter what...it will be a construction zone vacation and you will be accommodated to some undefined level. :scratchin

You will probably be on the 4th floor with a savanna view, and I doubt they would be renovated. I am not sure if the 6th floor lounge will still be there for you - or if there will be some other lounge on 4.

I would just keep asking the concierge planner until you get a definate answer - I don't think they know anything at the moment. Maybe write them every month or so for an update.

Thanks for the information. I will wait until I get closer to the date of my trip.I am sure they won't be able to give me accurate information this far out. I am just glad I was able to get a standard AKL CL Room booked with my AAA rate. I had alot of trouble getting a room earlier and then I was able to book a room and then when I looked on WDW website again no standard AKL CL rooms were available for my dates only suites.So I am glad they already have my deposit.

Thanks again!!!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter