AKL refillable mug question

DreamnDisney

DIS Veteran
Good Morning!! Does anyone know if you can fill your own mugs at AKL or do the CM have to do it like I have heard it is done at CSR?

Thanks!!

We were there in 2008, and at that time, you could fill your own mug from the drink station....

We were there in January and we refilled our own mugs in Mara. There is also a self-serve refilling area in the Kidani pool area. :thumbsup2

Awesome, CSR is becoming a little questionable for me! Especially the fact that we can't fill our own mugs at our own leisure. :scared1:

Good Morning!! Does anyone know if you can fill your own mugs at AKL or do the CM have to do it like I have heard it is done at CSR?

Thanks!!

Awesome, CSR is becoming a little questionable for me! Especially the fact that we can't fill our own mugs at our own leisure. :scared1:

Not sure where you heard you can't fill your own mug at CSR, but that's not true. You can go into Cafe Rix anytime and refill it yourself. Cafe Rix is right around the corner from the gift shop and at the beginning of the long hallway that the Pepper Market and Maya Grill are on. It's very convenient. Now at the pool bar and at the Pepper Market the CMs do fill it for you. One thing I like about CSR is that they have three places you can get your mug filled, whereas most resorts have just one place. It's really nice being able to refill it right next to the main pool and not having to run over to the main building. The pool bar CMs have to do it, but they are very quick and very friendly.

By the way, CSR is one of the few resorts that has food at the pool bar too. They not only refill your mugs right there at the pool, but they also have a grill that has good nachos, hamburgers, fries, hot dogs, chicken fingers, buffalo chicken sandwiches, etc. None of the other moderate pool bars have that amentity. They also accept the DDP, so basically at CSR you have three places to fill your mugs (instead of just one like the other resorts have) and you also have four places to eat (pool grill, Cafe Rix, Pepper Market, and Maya Grill).

You can also fill your mug at the Kidani store. :thumbsup2

I also am wondering why you think you can't refill yourself at CSR. Have things changed? We refilled ours when we stayed there, but that was a few years ago.

You can also fill your mug at the Kidani store. :thumbsup2

I also am wondering why you think you can't refill yourself at CSR. Have things changed? We refilled ours when we stayed there, but that was a few years ago.

From what I have learned at the pepper market and pool side bar the CM must re-fill your mug for you!

From what I have learned at the pepper market and pool side bar the CM must re-fill your mug for you!

That is true. At those areas the CMs need to fill them, but I do remember a place where you can fill yourself. Aubriee gave a great explanation of where it is located. So, if that is the only reason you are thinking of switching it might not be so bad. Both resorts are wonderful so you won't make a mistake with staying at either one. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter