AKL question re: firepits!

mommycrawford

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this is silly, but do people ever roast marshmallows over these firepits, or are they sacred/symbolic only?

TIA!
:flower3:

I've never seen it done. Thinking its only for the atmosphere though. They use the one outside for storytelling and the inside one is surrounded by a metal grate type thing.

Oh, and if you do, burn one black for me!!! Love them!

You cannot roast marshmallows off of the firepit. This is the official answer from the Front Desk (I just called to ask/confirm since I'm here now).

If you want to roast marshmallows, you can go to Ft. Wilderness and do the campire activity which is free to all WDW resort guests. We did this last night and roasted marshmallows and made smores. All of the items needed can be purchased at campire fire. Smores kit is $8.99...forgot how much just for marshmallows. You can always bring your own stuff. They also have movie night and they show a different disney animated classic every night. Last night was Aristocats.

You cannot roast marshmallows off of the firepit. This is the official answer from the Front Desk (I just called to ask/confirm since I'm here now).

If you want to roast marshmallows, you can go to Ft. Wilderness and do the campire activity which is free to all WDW resort guests. We did this last night and roasted marshmallows and made smores. All of the items needed can be purchased at campire fire. Smores kit is $8.99...forgot how much just for marshmallows. You can always bring your own stuff. They also have movie night and they show a different disney animated classic every night. Last night was Aristocats.

Yes, I love this activity!...I read that poly/GF does a marshmallow roat near the movie screens, so I thought I'd ask. I was pretty sure they were symbolic, but JIC....

That would have been my guess too. Can you imagine marshmellows tracked allover at AKL? That would be a mess!!! Plus I'm pretty sure they are gas firepits meaning if the marshmellows melted...it could cause problems with the line that lets the gas out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter