AKL- Putting your trust in Disney

To the OP,

I like your attitude. I share it. And I hope you have a fabulous trip! Best wishes on your marriage :love:

I love AKL and switching over to SSR would not work for me. AKL is richly themed and I think you will have a great time in spite of the fact that they are in the process of construction.

I think Disney is trying to cut their losses in some ways with these offers but also they know how difficult some guests can be/will be and they are trying to fend off potential problems. Hopefully they have learned some lessons from the past few months of construction and are proceeding accordingly, while weeding out people who are concerned with "noise". I have been at AKL for 3 different (short) stays since April 1 and saw and heard ZERO. Actually, I SAW rooms on the 5th floor from my balcony which were under renovation b/c they had no curtains but that is it.

With your attitude, I'll bet you are going to have a great time.

Enjoy yourselves! :cloud9:

pixiedust: and congrats on your wedding.

I'm not staying at the AKL till September/October but I'm still worried about being moved. My bf also had has his heart set on staying there and I don't want to think about switching. We've saved so hard for this trip and I'm going to trust things will work out, they always do. Like another poster said we might get lucky and people will be so worried about the construction that the resort will be quiet.

Go and have a great time!

CoolPool...

Never suggested WL and AKL are the same hotel. Just commented that they were built by the same architect and it has a romantic feel. No hotels are exactly alike and that's the great part of staying on Disney property.

I did read a few posts where people complained about the construction and others who indicated that it wasn't a problem at all. Just trying to offer a constructive option.

For a regular vacation, I would probably risk it. But for a honeymoon, I probably would not. Putting a honeymoon on a higher level than a regular reservation doesn't necessarily indicate someone is a Bridezilla.

Okay, okay - I thought about not adding the Bridezilla reference so I apologize for that one!

The rest is/was purely to support the OP in her decision. AKL is a unique resort chosen for its own qualities.

Honeymoons are very important! That's why I suggested you switch - it's not worth the risk. You can always stay at AKL the next time. It'll be something to look forward to. I like the idea of a 1 year anniversary trip.

Whatever you decide - good luck and congrats!

PamNC

Hi,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!:love:

We are coming to AKL, all the way from Scotland, 9 days from now:banana: sooo excited. We are like your DFi and love AKL, it is so special! I'm sure Disney will do everything they can to make your honeymoon special! I think it's lovely that you are still going, despite your concerns, because you know it means so much to your DFi. :love:

pixiedust: fingers crossed for you!

If your heart is on AKL, I would probably stay with it. They haven't even contacted you, have they?

They aren't going to have a hotel open that is a complete disaster. Plus, the nights will be quiet.

I'm also hoping the restaurants are less busy with less guests! :)

No worries CoolPool. Whatever the OP decides to do, I'm sure they'll have an amazing trip.

Hmmm...maybe this is an idea.

If anyone knows exactly where the construction is, perhaps the OP can call and request a room located as far as possible away from the construction and also fax the request prior to arrival. Any thoughts?

It has been 25 years since I got to honeymoon with my bride, and that is why I picked AKL! It is an important time (as is our 25th), and staying where you want to stay is very important to many people (me included).

We leave late tonight for AKL, and I have been assured by many CM's that I won't be bothered in any way by construction. I hope this is the case. If not, I will let you know.

Congratulations, and I hope that you enjoy your honeymoon at AKL as much as I intend to enjoy celebrating the 25th year with my wife!

Thanks for all of your advice and ideas, I really appreciate those of you that gave a positive view on the whole thing! We were just not willing to switch to SSR, I know that we would have regretted that. Also, I know WL was built by the same architect, but being that we live in the Pacific Northwest it didn't seem as "exoctic" as we wanted our honeymoon to be. We did consider the Poly for a while, but the crestfallen look on my fiance's face everytime we talked about switching was enough for me to know that we had to try!

I like the idea that the pool will be less crowded too! We have never been to WDW so will be in the parks a lot, and even went and bought ear plugs in case there is an issue with noise during rest breaks. I think we will be fine! It is a running joke between us that we always pick hotels that end up under construction (literally 90% of the time it is true too!:scared1: ) So we have lived with it before.

Thanks to all of you pixie dust spreaders and positive commenters. While I appreciate the concern of other posters, I really do I know you are trying to help make my trip magical:hug: , I really wanted to keep this thread positive so that those of us who are determined not to switch (even after getting the facts and reading the threads that are being referenced) can have one happy AKL thread to read that psychs us up for the trip instead of making us nervous and worried again!:banana:

Hi all! My DFi and I are leaving on our honeymoon in 2 weeks (yippee!:love: ) for AKL. I, like some of you I am sure, have just recently gotten the call from AKL trying to get us to switch resorts. As completely nervous and worried as I am about construction and the issues that will cause, we are sticking with the AKL. Dfi really really wants to stay there and has had his heart set on it since November, so there is really nothing left to do but trust that Disney will try to make it as magical as possible!
:

My Dh and I got stuck on a cruise out of jamaica during hurricane George (I think that was it's name) nothing ruins a honeymoon! We were on such a high from the wedding and finally being married, a little water and wind (even at 90 mph) didn't faze us. :laughing: Go for it. I bet AKL is still going to be romantic, especially at night. :hug:

...even went and bought ear plugs in case there is an issue with noise during rest breaks...

Since it's your honeymoon, you could always give the ear plugs to the guests in the next room :rolleyes1

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Thanks for all of your advice and ideas, I really appreciate those of you that gave a positive view on the whole thing! We were just not willing to switch to SSR, I know that we would have regretted that. Also, I know WL was built by the same architect, but being that we live in the Pacific Northwest it didn't seem as "exoctic" as we wanted our honeymoon to be. We did consider the Poly for a while, but the crestfallen look on my fiance's face everytime we talked about switching was enough for me to know that we had to try!

I like the idea that the pool will be less crowded too! We have never been to WDW so will be in the parks a lot, and even went and bought ear plugs in case there is an issue with noise during rest breaks. I think we will be fine! It is a running joke between us that we always pick hotels that end up under construction (literally 90% of the time it is true too!:scared1: ) So we have lived with it before.

Thanks to all of you pixie dust spreaders and positive commenters. While I appreciate the concern of other posters, I really do I know you are trying to help make my trip magical:hug: , I really wanted to keep this thread positive so that those of us who are determined not to switch (even after getting the facts and reading the threads that are being referenced) can have one happy AKL thread to read that psychs us up for the trip instead of making us nervous and worried again!:banana:

You know what you are doing.

and are doing it with eyes wide open.

Hope your honeymoon is better than you wish for and so will be the marriage.

Many pixies to you.

I think you are doing the right thing. I would do the same in your shoes. If you have been planning and looking forward to a honeymoon at AKL, then that's what you should have. I hope you have a wonderful time!

We check in on Sunday and we are trusting disney all we are thinking is the trip will be fun since it only 2 days away i have think postive thought and know disney is the greatest place ever also we only plan on being at the resoert very little time anyway so im sure it will be fine!!!

Congrats on the marriage! I'm sure you will have a blast at WDW...I'm also sure that your stay will be magical, no matter what (since you've got each other)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter