AKL pool view or Contemporary Garden view?

Drusilla

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Right now we have a room booked in August at AKL (pool view bunk bed for me, DH, DD13 and DD10). It wouldn't be that much more to switch our reservation to Contemporary Garden view (with the daybed dd13 would have her own bed which was a plus of AKL bunks). We have stayed at AKL 4 of our 5 WDW trips so that really feels like home. We stayed at CSR-BC last trip and it was just OK, nice. I think it would be really neat to stay at Contemporary, even if we wouldn't be in the tower.... What are your thoughts and opinions?

Also, how does a split stay work if we were at AKL for 3 nights and Contemporary for 3 nights? How do we get us and our luggage to the other resort, etc.?

Thanks!

I'd switch to CR. rooms are a lot larger then AKL. And walking to MK is so convienent. I'd switch for the whole time. Doing just 3 days at each resort, IMO you don't really get to experience much, seems like you're just packing & unpacking. And having to pack up for 2 kids is just more work I wouldn't want to do, but that's me.
We have done split stays on longer trips, of 10+ days.
Disney will move your luggage for you, just call Bell Service from your room phone. They'll come pick it up and handle transfer.

We've done both, but overall like AKL best. When we are at the CR, my wife feels like she is at a convention, not vacation. The boys and I like the monorail and larger arcade (the old arcade several years ago before they moved it). At the AKL, we enjoy seeing the animals - if just in passing on the way to the restaurant - because we usually get the pool view too. The kids like all the activities at the AKL. Sure, the room is smaller, but we are hardly all in there at the same time except to sleep. A monorail line resort is not a priority for us because we drive.

Well, the CR is a great resort with huge comfortable rooms. It is so convenient to the MK! Also easy access to Epcot with the monorail (although you do have to change monorail to the Epcot line at the TTC). We LOVED staying at the CR and would highly recommend it. We have stayed in garden wing rooms tower, TPV and LV and enjoyed every stay! If you stay in the GW it is nice to get a ground floor room for the patio.

I would definitely move to the CR either for a part or for the entire trip! If you do the split stay, moving is very easy. Give your bags to Bell Services and tell them where you are moving and go on to the theme park of your choice. Later that day go to your new resort and call Bell Services to get your bags delivered to your room. easy peasy!

have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter