AKL Pictures?????

We stayed on the Arusha Savannah in October 09. The giraffes were everywhere, especially around the feeders.

DSCF3131.jpg

66380009.jpg

But of course, the little one wanted to spend most of his time here :laughing:

DSCF3143.jpg

This is making me a little homesick!!! We were at Kidani in November. I'll try and post the pictures later - I'm at work -shhhhh don't tell on me LOL.

Judith

Please can I live in this thread? I almost shed a tear looking at the recent batch of images

Bellechick, thank you for those recent ones! REally interesting shots of not seen before places around the resort. I am having a really hard time deciding btwn AKL and WL and I think I may just not decide but split our stay to have both of these amazing places in our trip! Truly gorgeous place!

Love all pictures....I can't wait to see them live. In 68 days I will be waking up to all these sights!!!!:cool1:

I so enjoyed looking at your pics, I just last week booked AKL for November and can not wait to go, second visit but all my pics are on a cd someplace, lol.....seriously thinking of upgradeing to a savannah view now after seeing all the pics in this thread, stayed last time in a standard room overlooking the front of the resort and parking area in the distance

Been mulling this over a lot and now wondering if we book a std view are we really going to be disappointed? It's all we can swing, even w/a code and I just love the look of the lodge. Since there are public viewing areas, will that be enough?

Been mulling this over a lot and now wondering if we book a std view are we really going to be disappointed? It's all we can swing, even w/a code and I just love the look of the lodge. Since there are public viewing areas, will that be enough?

If standard view is what you can book, I say book it. AKL is really amazing, and how much time are you planning to spend in your room? We love the savanna view, but I'd be willing to stay in any room at AKL just to get to stay there.:cloud9:

You'll get the same pool, theming, and activities. And the savanna overlooks are lovely -- shady and with these big rocking chairs that you can sit in and relax. Plus, there are lots of little overlooks down the hallways, so you wont "miss" your chance to see all the animal areas if you want to.

Hope this helps.:goodvibes

not sure when you're going but if you want to save money you should rent points from dvc member at $10 point. i've linked the akl points chart. in peak seasons a savannah view will run $170/night on weekdays, and there's no tax! even less at other times of the year. anyways, think about it, it's the only way we go know, unless disney is offering free dining.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/AK-Points.htm

not sure when you're going but if you want to save money you should rent points from dvc member at $10 point. i've linked the akl points chart. in peak seasons a savannah view will run $170/night on weekdays, and there's no tax! even less at other times of the year. anyways, think about it, it's the only way we go know, unless disney is offering free dining.

thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately my dh is not a trusting soul and he won't do it. I would do it in a heartbeat! We do have the pin code for 40% off, so our room is 180.00/nt. I know in my heart we will love it, no matter what the view, but I also know that if I get stuck looking at a dumpster I will go down and ask for something better. That is just me. I will squeak when necessary! :cutie: I am also hoping that since we will be among the first to arrive at our new digs (transferring from the WL) there may be a better chance of us scoring a nicer std room. Am I on track here or drinking the disney kool-aid? :lmao:
Also, since I booked thru my t.a. I had her add north end of resort, higher floor. I am wondering if this will even be possible now though since looking at the map of the resort seems the north end is all savannah view.
Am I right in seeing that the only std rooms are in the ostrich and giraffe trails overlooking the pkg lot? Seems everywhere else will have a savannah or pool?
Thanks for the replies! I am so excited to go it's silly! Probably way more than my kids!! :eek::cutie:

Just curious - I've looked at the points charts, but I'm wondering what other charges are added to the total. I believe a Magical Express Fee or something like that is added - is there anything else? And is it a flate one time rate, or is it dependent on how long your stay is? Thanks.

Also, what's the difference between AKL and Villas? We've got the PIN, so the rates would be almost the same. Just more of a kitchenette area?

I know in my heart we will love it, no matter what the view, but I also know that if I get stuck looking at a dumpster I will go down and ask for something better. That is just me. I will squeak when necessary! :cutie: I am also hoping that since we will be among the first to arrive at our new digs (transferring from the WL) there may be a better chance of us scoring a nicer std room. Am I on track here or drinking the disney kool-aid?

I will start this post by saying that this does not always happen, but we were also worried about the standard view when we stayed in 2007, we were pleasantly surprised to receive a free savannah view upgrade. DH asked for a different room b/c it was literally the fatherest room in the resort and i was pregnant at the time and they swithed us the next day to another savannah room right above the lobby which was amazing.

Just curious - I've looked at the points charts, but I'm wondering what other charges are added to the total. I believe a Magical Express Fee or something like that is added - is there anything else? And is it a flate one time rate, or is it dependent on how long your stay is? Thanks.

Also, what's the difference between AKL and Villas? We've got the PIN, so the rates would be almost the same. Just more of a kitchenette area?

There are no additional charges. Points bookings cover everything, including Magical Express. If you wish to purchase park tickets or the dining plan, you need to pay for those separately, but, you always do.

The main differences between an AKL room and an AKV studio are the kitchenette area in the studio and the fact that the studio has 1 queen bed and 1 pull out sofa, whereas the AKL room has two beds.

(I will add however, that the suggested $10/pt is quite low...there have been people quoting that price for about 10 years which means that there has been no space for price increases for members. You will find that the more experienced renters rent for $12-15/pt.)

A Pool View room only costs about $10 more per night (even less additional with the code!) ... nice views, with no chance of overlooking the parking lot ... plus you're closer to the lobby, restaurants, Pool!, etc ...

Booked for April 23rd transfering from Sports... We have a Pool / Bunkbed room.. praying for a upgrade since it is mine and my nieces birthdays.. but if not anyone have a fav. room in the Zebra trail?

great piccies,cant wait we are staying at AKL this August :banana::banana::banana:

We are also staying here in June with a pool view.Anyone have a room nomber they like specifically? Have pix of the view?

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter