AKL "People Pens"

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
What are the "People Pens" that people talk about? We are staying in a Savanah View room and want to make sure we don't get one of the nasty views. Please let me know where theses views are located, so that I know not to take a room in those areas. This is our first vacation in over 2 years and I would love to enjoy it, not look at a disgusting view the whole time

Thanks for your help:

They are fenced off areas at each emergency exit from the hotel. If folks needed to be evacuated, they don't want to be roaming the Savannah areas with the animals! ;)

There are no nasty views. Some people expect the animals to be outside of THEIR window all the time & it doesn't work that way. We have stayed at AKL 5 times (#6 this weekend) and our last visit we were just down from the so-called people pen and guess what? We had all three giraffe (at one time), 3 Ankole cattle, 5 or 6 Tommies, storks & even some bunnies!

The fact is the animals go where they want to go. You could stay in the very room I had last week and quite possibly see nothing...That's just the way it is.

Anywho, go & don't worry. The AKL is great and the animals WILL be there, somewhere...Maybe outside of your window, maybe not...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I think if you are inside the "horseshoe" you aren't looking at the people pen. If you look at a map of AKL, there is a portion of the resort that follows the horseshoe. The previous poster is right though, there are plenty of animals that roam around the people pen.

We just got back a week ago from AKL and we had a room on the 3rd floor right over the "people pens". We had a good view and saw a great number of the animals. Actually some of the small animals like to up near the people pens to graze. We had a good view of them and some great pictures. I also noticed that there are no rooms on the lower floors directly in front of the people pens or on the sides.

I can vouch for the fact that PLENTY of animals like to hang out by the pens. And because the pen area forms a much more "sheltered" area for the animals (i.e. shady) they tend to hang out there even when they are not eating. I used to go over to the public viewing area over there all the time because I was guaranteed to see some kind of bird or mammal. And I saw the giraffes over there several times.

As always, you can choose to be grumpy about where you end up, or you can choose to see the good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter