Akl or wl

tariqsmom

Mouseketeer
I am planning our fourth trip to Disney World :banana:!We have stayed at CSR, AKL, and off site. We have a wonderful time at AKL and my DH AND DS are sold on staying there again but I wanted to try another deluxe resort. I thought about WL. I am torn I loved AKL but want to change it up. Please help me decide!

We have stayed at AKL and love it. We enjoy all of the restaurants, the zero entry pool, the animals, the beautiful theme,and the overall vibe of the resort. We have never stayed at WL. We have, however, visited the resort, where we ate at Artist Point and had a drink at Territory Lounge. The resort was impressive and you have the option of the boat ride to MK and Fort Wilderness. From what we saw, it was similar to AKL. My DH would really love to stay there.

I'd go with Wilderness Lodge. They just completed an overhaul of all rooms, bathrroms, hallways, carpets, everything and it looks so fresh and new. Our two fav resorts are AKL and WL, both designed by the same architect so you'll see similarities between them. Hands down the AKL pools are better but the boat ride directly from WL to MK can't be beat. WL for sure.

Having stayed at both, we think they are both awesome resorts. Since you've already stayed at AKL, I'd give WL a try. It's great being in close proximity to MK and it's convenient being just a boat ride away from the CR where you can shop and dine there and then hop on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF. Since the same architect designed both of them, they are pretty much the same resort with the exception of theme/decor. Good luck deciding, although I don't think you would regret staying at the WL.

We stayed at the Contemporary, and had dinner at Artist Point one night. I absolutely loved it. Nothing feels like being in Florida more than a boat ride, and many times, we took the boat from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge then the boat to Contemporary. Artist Point was the best meal, absolute best service, and we loved the look of the pool area. Did not get to explore the inside of the hotel, but saw the entrance many times during bus stops from Contemporary to parks. Looked like very helpful staff and nice surroundings outside. It's a resort I'd like to go to without even visiting the parks. I do love Animal Kingdom and hoping for a stay there on a return trip with my son, but would like to perhaps do a split stay between AKL and WL so we can be closer to MK for part of the stay. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks to you all! From what I gather it seems that I can't go wrong choosing either. After talking with my DH and DS....WL here we come!!!!!:banana::banana:

I am planning our fourth trip to Disney World :banana:!We have stayed at CSR, AKL, and off site. We have a wonderful time at AKL and my DH AND DS are sold on staying there again but I wanted to try another deluxe resort. I thought about WL. I am torn I loved AKL but want to change it up. Please help me decide!

I have stayed at both AKL and WL. I like AKL very much, but there are some aspects of WL that are superior in my opinion. AKL is a huge resort while WL is much smaller and more compact. Everything is pretty much under one roof and convenient to all the rooms. Also, generally speaking, WL is less expensive if you compare the cost of most rooms with a savanna view room. While transportation is good at both, I did not like the fact that Kadani was picked up first on most runs. WL shares with other resorts, but currently is the first stop on all, meaning you can get a seat. The boats are a very fun and quick way to get to MK, Fort Wilderness and CR. The boat drops off right in front of the entrance to MK so cuts walking. In addition, as of the last time I stayed, return bus stops are usually one of the first so no walking way down an isle to get to your bus stop. That may not be an issue with you, but for those of us with mobility issues, it makes a difference.

Both are great resorts, but I think it's fun to try new resorts, so I'd go with WL. It's also closer to the action. A short boat ride away from MK. And close to the other MK resorts for dining options. They have a resort boat that loops around from WL, FW & CR. I found this very handy for dining, since Poly has 2 of my fav restaurants, and we also like GF Cafe.
There's also a nice walking path to FW. Or rent bikes to explore. We also enjoy watching the Electric Water Parade from the WL beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter